Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Using cpap when traveling to different time zones
Using cpap when traveling to different time zones
Just wondering if I need to change the time zone on cpap machine when traveling to different time zones to keep the 12 noon to 12 a.m. In sync

And if so how do you change time zone as I didn't see it as an option at ResMed.com

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Using cpap when traveling to different time zones
You can find the instruction of setting the clock and time for AirSense 10 in this wiki (not at manufacturer site) 
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock

More instructions and how to obtain the clinical manual http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info

If for travelling through different time zones, I wouldn't change anything, might erase compliance data if the new time occurred in the past or something like that (all explained in the clinical manual)
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried to set mine back and it's a no-go. Even using all of the "tricks"... waiting more than an hour after use, waiting until after noon, even right before bed.
It always comes back saying that it can't set the time into the past.
My time is correct (until November at least), but somehow it got bumped to a full day ahead.

My advice is to set it for your regular time zone, non-DST, and leave it there, especially when traveling.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Agree -- leave the time as is. I do set my machine back and forth for DST. I do so in the afternoon.

The PRK (People's Republic of Kalifornia) is working on a Bill to stop switching from DST. Thing is: The US Congress has to approve. What business is it of the Federal Government what a State selects as their time standard? Folks, we should all be on UTC. Millennials will not have a problem with that as they all use their smart phones as clocks.

Of course the US could not handle buying gasoline in liters; so, I've not much hope for the US using UTC.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd not bother with the time zone change while traveling. If you are going to upload the data when you return, it won't know the difference. If you do it while you travel, just don't let your laptop update the time to current time (does it do it automatically anyway??) and it won't know the difference.

Quote:I have tried to set mine back and it's a no-go. Even using all of the "tricks"... waiting more than an hour after use, waiting until after noon, even right before bed.
It always comes back saying that it can't set the time into the past.
My time is correct (until November at least), but somehow it got bumped to a full day ahead.

If you want it to display the correct day, you'll have to do it a few hours at a time spread out over several days.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2017, 10:02 AM)justMongo Wrote: Agree -- leave the time as is.  I do set my machine back and forth for DST.  I do so in the afternoon.

The PRK (People's Republic of Kalifornia) is working on a Bill to stop switching from DST.  Thing is:  The US Congress has to approve.  What business is it of the Federal Government what a State selects as their time standard?  Folks, we should all be on UTC.  Millennials will not have a problem with that as they all use their smart phones as clocks.

Of course the US could not handle buying gasoline in liters; so, I've not much hope for the US using UTC.

I think we should all switch to GMT......  of course, I would then go into work shortly after sunrise, say at 2:00 PM and come home at 11:00 at night, just before the sun sets.  But by gosh, when I am in Kalifornistan, and make a doctor appointment in Texas and out it on my calendar, I won't show up two hours late any more because the time zones didn't sync up like I thought they would.....

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
The guy I know who travels with his cpap on business regularly only changes the time if he will be in that time zone for 3 or more weeks. Otherwise, it's just a huge hassle. He travels internationally and you just can't keep it straight, but it will STILL keep you within compliance. It's also possible to figure out the Sleepyhead graphs and make adjustments if necessary - just ignore the time splits. Take the largest chunk of time and work from that. He was actually the first person I knew IRL who used Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2017, 03:54 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If you want it to display the correct day, you'll have to do it a few hours at a time spread out over several days.
That did the trick.

Yesterday, before bed I bumped it back to the 12:00 hour, so it looked like I went to bed at 13:30 Big Grin
Today at 21:00, I was able to dial it back to 00:01 on June 9, so tomorrow night I'll be able to pull it back the remaining 3 hours if I stay up past midnight.

It just won't allow you to roll back to before noon.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
And you will run into trouble if you try to set the clock back to before midnight, because the calendar will have rolled over and you can't set it back... so if you fly west, reset the clock before your starting zone's midnight.

Ask me how I know...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,453 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 624 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 175 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 812 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.