Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP WIPES ALTERNATIVE
CPAP WIPES ALTERNATIVE
I clean the equipment periodically with soap and water and use the cpap wipes to quickly clean the mask in between. Has anyone found a more cost efficient alcohol free product (besides using warm soapy water) that works instead of using the cpap wipes? Also, does anyone just use the facial wipes that contain the alcohol with good results? I know they say it will break down the silicon.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP WIPES ALTERNATIVE
I don't pay for wipes of any sort and see no reason to.  Soap and warm water on the silicon seal daily as I have oily skin.  The rest gets that treatment promptly every er whenever.  I was very religious about cleaning at first then realized that it was not needed.  Filtered air and distilled water.  What is there to clean.  Even the distilled water is debatable, but it is cheap and avoids deposits in the tank.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have started using baby wipes occasionally to clean my nasal pillow. I know at least one major brand in the U. S. has baby wipes that are both fragrance free and alcohol free. Be sure to check the ingredients on the back for the alcohol as it isn't always listed on the front.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the CVS branded "Sensitive" wipes, and they've worked great for me. Blue package.
Post Reply Post Reply
I occasionally use wipes if I'm feeling lazy. Any brand, no perfune or lotions and buy the ones labeled for sensitive skin.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do a Kramer! He cleans his salad while taking a shower. I skip the salad and just clean my mask with ivory soap.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
I save up the shipments of nasal pillows and masks until I have 2 masks and 12 pillows (+ the ones that came with the masks). Then I boot the old ones to the bottom drawer (cleaned) and use a clean pillow every night, tossing the previous nights pillow into a handy container. When all the pillows are in the used container, I swap to the 2nd mask, change filter, hose, water container, and put all the dirty stuff into a dishpan and soapy water wash it. Then I repeat that process all the while saving up shipments for the next batch.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2017, 01:45 PM)DariaVader Wrote: I save up the shipments of nasal pillows and masks until I have 2 masks and 12 pillows (+ the ones that came with the masks).  Then I boot the old ones to the bottom drawer (cleaned) and use a clean pillow every night, tossing the previous nights pillow into a handy container.  When all the pillows are in the used container, I swap to the 2nd mask, change filter, hose, water container, and put all the dirty stuff into a dishpan and soapy water wash it.  Then I repeat that process all the while saving up shipments for the next batch.

Well that's a cool idea!!!!  And what a great visual reminder to do the maintenance.  Hmmm... I'm going to have to try that.  But wow, how long does it take to collect that many extras?

I was washing at my bathroom sink every morning... but that got old.

Now I use a microfiber cloth each day, and that seems to work nicely.  (I prefer to not use disposables if I don't have to.)
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash everyday - I still haven't found a wipe that works well enough to remove oils fully.

That's an awesome idea DariaVader! I may steal it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was in my local "Resmed" shop (supplier 13) and they had one pack of cpap wipes on the shelf and about 10 packs of Wet Ones.
I don't know if Australian Wet Ones differ from the USA product.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 152 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 412 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Alternative Part? sambo42xa 1 399 08-27-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: sambo42xa
  [Equipment] DreamStation Alternative Replacement Option oneeyeopen 3 678 05-24-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: oneeyeopen
  [Equipment] Bad Arthritis, Dreamstation replacement alternative? chrysos 10 1,019 10-10-2022, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Best wipes for cleaning and disinfecting 1kworthy 15 2,153 12-19-2021, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Heated humidifiers, CPAP vs ventilator; Nafion as alternative? runcyclexcski 8 957 11-06-2021, 05:14 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.