Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP WIPES ALTERNATIVE
Question 
RE: CPAP WIPES ALTERNATIVE
(03-13-2017, 01:45 PM)DariaVader Wrote: I save up the shipments of nasal pillows and masks until I have 2 masks and 12 pillows (+ the ones that came with the masks).  Then I boot the old ones to the bottom drawer (cleaned) and use a clean pillow every night, tossing the previous nights pillow into a handy container.  When all the pillows are in the used container, I swap to the 2nd mask, change filter, hose, water container, and put all the dirty stuff into a dishpan and soapy water wash it.  Then I repeat that process all the while saving up shipments for the next batch.

I am new to CPAP. I was diagnosed with severe apnea earlier this year and have been using my CPAP for about 3 months. It has literally changed my life. So the new has worn off and I'm learning about care.

What does "I save up the shipments" mean? Should I be getting shipments?

I will be purchasing some non-perfumed, non-alcohol, sensitive skin wipes today. Thanks to this thread.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
My RT told me to use Water Wipes. Much cheaper than cpap wipes. They do not leave a residue. I found them at my local Walmart/Target.
Post Reply Post Reply
Trek950,
Your supply replacement schedule depends on the insurance coverage you have.
Generally, most insurances follow this schedule:  This is not a complete list and may not be totally accurate.

Item (number) HCPCS Code Replacement Frequency
CPAP Mask                                       Every 3 months
Nasal Pillows                                    2 per month
CPAP Headgear                                 Every 3-6 months
CPAP Tubing                                     Every 3 months
Disposable Filter                               2 new filters every month
Non-disposable Filters                       2 new filters every 6 months
CPAP Chin strap                                Every 6 months
Humidifier Chamber                          Every 6 months
CPAP Machine                                   Generally, every 3-5 years, or as necessary

So yes, you should check with your DME and insurance on your coverage and order supplies as needed.  
I feel it's a good idea especially when your new, is to try and accumulate the supplies and have a backup stock handy.

Not everyone is lucky to have coverage, but if you do, take advantage of it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
warm soapy water
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 148 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 407 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Alternative Part? sambo42xa 1 399 08-27-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: sambo42xa
  [Equipment] DreamStation Alternative Replacement Option oneeyeopen 3 673 05-24-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: oneeyeopen
  [Equipment] Bad Arthritis, Dreamstation replacement alternative? chrysos 10 1,017 10-10-2022, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Best wipes for cleaning and disinfecting 1kworthy 15 2,145 12-19-2021, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Heated humidifiers, CPAP vs ventilator; Nafion as alternative? runcyclexcski 8 954 11-06-2021, 05:14 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.