Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I can’t eliminate hypopneas on dreamstation ASV compared to Resmed ASV
RE: I can’t eliminate hypopneas on dreamstation ASV compared to Resmed ASV
Are you in a "rent to own" plan? If so it is 'still' their machine. You 'owe' them 1-month rental.
Go to them with the machine and say thank you very much, but this is your machine, I have informed the insurance company that I have returned it. Please provide me with the paperwork stating that I have returned it, I'll wait. At this point you do not want to exchange it, you just want to return it. This DME has proven that they have chosen to work neither for you or with you. Use another DME.

If you have another machine just use that for now.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I can’t eliminate hypopneas on dreamstation ASV compared to Resmed ASV
Yes good pointers from Gideon.

Find out from your insurance customer service what DME's are nearby and in-network. Contact these DME local offices and quiz them on ResMed product availability.

My personal example is I'm using Lincare now. If I go to the Hanover, PA office, they order ResMed for me. My current UPMC Pinnacle Pulmonary group orders ResMed for almost everyone. I just talked with my CPAP coordinator at UPMC Hanover and she said the same, they typically default to ResMed! Wow.

Just ask, yes or no, you will dispense ResMed? Yes then shop there, no then keep going.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 69 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 231 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Does EPAP or IPAP control hypopneas? MrIvanDrago 3 245 02-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Help Please - Hypopneas remain with BIPAP Newby 0 170 02-25-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Newby
  Hypopneas resolved, CA's persist--help! AZAwake 5 450 01-20-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Programme change guidance to eliminate apneas FijiFarmer 1 243 01-01-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.