Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP user and clinical manuals?
CPAP user and clinical manuals?
I'm a long time CPAP user (10+ years) but a newcomer to this forum.  My present quest is to find the user manual and the clinical manual to a CPAP machine described thusly:  Philips Respironics REMstar Pro C-flex +  Auto IQ.

On line would be ideal.  I have searched for a good while on this Apnea Board Forum w/o any success.

Can someone please point me in the right direction.  Much Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP user and clinical manuals?
At the top of every page is a link for "CPAP Setup Manuals". From there, click the link to the Downloadable manuals. Right below that is the email ones. Some are only available via email request. Go through the list and find the one that is closest. Often one manual covers several others in the series.

I'll put the link here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...manual#TWO

Before you send the email, be sure to read the instructions first!!
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...manual#ASK
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks -- I should have seen that item at the top of the pages.

What of the user's manual?  I can't make heads or tails of the machine I have . . .

Essentially what I need is the manual that the poor ole user like me gets when he/she leaves the doc's office. Once I get that down -- if I do -- the clinician's manual will be just the thing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Halmc, you need to be very specific about not only the model, but the series. The Philips Respironics machines have used the same model names throughout many different series, including M-series, System One 50 and 60 series and the current Dreamstation series. Since you are talking about the Remstar Pro with Auto IQ, that is either the System One 60 series or Dreamstation. For example:
Respironics PR System One 60 Series REMstar Pro with C-flex+ or
Philips-Respironics DreamStation CPAP Pro

Depending on what you want to do, we can probably walk you through accessing the settings and what to do with with them, but getting the provider manual is definitely a 'must-do'.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi halmc,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Understand.  Here are the markings I noticed on my machine.  With respect to the series, is that data included in the attached images, or is there somewhere else to look?

I have a bar code reader on my iPhone, but it shows "unidentified bar code". Not much help.

Post Reply Post Reply
You have the Philips Respironics System One 50 Series Pro CPAP. That machine was manufactured in the 17th week of February 2012. It is over 5 years old, and most insurance policies would approve a replacement. Let us know if you want suggestions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm guessing it's a System One 50 series machine, yours made in February 2012, and discontinued in November 2012. It should use an SD card. I'm not sure if is supported by SleepyHead, but I think so.
I did a Google search for Remstar Pro 450, and looked at various DME websites. One even has manuals except for the clinicians manual (of course).
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2017, 09:19 PM)pholynyk Wrote: One even has manuals except for the clinicians manual (of course).

Care to share that site?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2017, 09:04 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You have the Philips Respironics System One 50 Series Pro CPAP.   That machine  was manufactured in the 17th week of February 2012.  It is over 5 years old, and most insurance policies would approve a replacement.  Let us know if you want suggestions.

I want a user's manual for the machine I have.

No worries, tho:  being old school, I came first to this and other forums.  I should have checked out YouTube first.  YouTube provided the info I was hoping to get from a manual, with a bit of eye candy to boot.

Thanks for everything!  Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 432 12 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Information NOTICE: New Clinician Manuals NOW AVAILABLE SuperSleeper 71 78,805 03-20-2024, 01:02 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,489 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,043 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,017 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,593 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  [Admin Note] Wanted: ResMed AirCurve 11 Clinical Guides (Clinician Manuals) SuperSleeper 1 251 03-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.