Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Waking up in the middle of the night since cpap
RE: Waking up in the middle of the night since cpap
Sorry, but what's 90/95% pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the optimal pressure range for using apap anyway?
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to be using SleepyHead or the Resmed software to see your 90/95% number. It is the pressure you were at or UNDER for 90 or 95% of the time. You usually want your low pressure to be 1.5 to 2 cm below that.

The optimal pressure range is personal, it depends on your body and your needs that day. That is why there is a range, not a set pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just installed SleepyHead and uploaded the data. My 90% pressure is around 8. Does this means I need to increase min pressure to 6 or 6.5?

Am I correct to say that the 90% pressure is what the machine think is the optimal pressure for me most of the time to get to the ideal AHI? And the higher AHI someone has, the higher his 90% pressure will be?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes were it me I would raise my pressure. I would then give it a week or two to see how that works. I have found that I keep adjusting my pressure and keep feeling better.

You would help yourself a lot by going to the link at the top of the forums home page and clicking on the Wiki link then look for

How to find optimum CPAP pressure

Lots of good information and a bunch of questions that you did not know to ask yet are answered.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2016, 01:32 AM)susilosaja Wrote: And the higher AHI someone has, the higher his 90% pressure will be?

I don't think THIS supposition is true. It's a complicated algorithm, and you need to use the graphs. It varies for each person, but almost surely isn't a straight "higher pressure if you have higher AHI".
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the input guys. I've been trying to learn my SleepyHead stats, and still have very limited understanding. I found that most of my AHI are Clear Airways. I've been reading that Clear Airways is pretty much Central Apnea. I had 0 CA during my sleep study. And I read some posts that said CPAP therapy can actually cause CA, and the higher the pressure, the higher it could cause. Is it a good idea for me to increase pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to send a screenshot from the Daily page. This will give the most information as to when your clear airway events occured.

https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@OpalRose: Can't open the link. But here's some screenshot from last night. Are these sufficient?

[Image: Screenshot_83.png]
[Image: Screenshot_84.png]
[Image: Screenshot_85.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
You have EPR set to 3. Try reducing it and see if it helps the centrals.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 281 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 155 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,129 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 394 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 259 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 874 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 191 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.