Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Waking with elevated heart rate >100bpm
RE: Waking with elevated heart rate >100bpm
(04-16-2014, 03:21 PM)zonk Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 01:37 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 10:43 AM)Snorkeler Wrote: Maybe I should put vodka in my CPAP vs. distilled water? :-)

Sounds like a good idea to me (jk). After all it is distilled!

PaytonA
How do you tell which is which, both looks the same ... distilled and colorless

You drink a glassful of it. If it tastes like crap, it's water.

p.s., can you put a small olive in the water tank? Or an onion?
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL

Or we could put chicken and veggies in the humidifier tank along with either the water or the vodka, turn the heater all the way up and in the morning we could have chicken stew for breakfast.

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2014, 06:55 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 03:21 PM)zonk Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 01:37 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Sounds like a good idea to me (jk). After all it is distilled!

PaytonA
How do you tell which is which, both looks the same ... distilled and colorless

You drink a glassful of it. If it tastes like crap, it's water.

p.s., can you put a small olive in the water tank? Or an onion?

Nope, the filter would either catch them, or else they'd get caught in the elbow before making to your mouth - waste of a good onion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Snorkeler I would wager a $1 bet that it's the vodka. I have exactly the same problem when I drink alcohol, too much and too close to bedtime. Initially I get nice and sleepy and fall into a wonderful deep sleep, then to wake up with my heart pounding like a rabbit. I know it's the alcohol because I can turn that symptom off and on like a light switch with alcohol.

I am not preaching abstinence. I love to drink in moderation, but it's not the best thing for sleeping. So, I've moved my "happy hour" to earlier in the evening so it doesn't screw up my sleep. Try something else to deal with the other problems and see if the pounding heart in the middle of the night doesn't stop. Try going cold turkey a night or two and see if it doesn't stop. If it does, at least you know for sure what's causing the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2014, 11:06 AM)Stargazer Wrote: Accepted "normal" HR in adults has a wide range; from 60 -100. Under 60 is what is called Bradycardia and over 100 is considered Tachycardia.
Thx Stargazer! my normal HR is 80 but I do have a history of tachycardia which is common with lyme. I caught one this morning at 98oxy/112hr. That was the highest HR I've caught so far but I suspect it's because I was so fast to check it. HR recovers fast.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2014, 08:16 AM)drgrimes Wrote: Snorkeler I would wager a $1 bet that it's the vodka.... I know it's the alcohol because I can turn that symptom off and on like a light switch with alcohol....Try going cold turkey a night or two and see if it doesn't stop. If it does, at least you know for sure what's causing the problem.
Thx Doc, I appreciate your input. I can give up the vodka no problem but then my lyme insomnia takes over and I don't get much sleep of any kind. Last time I ended up in sleep studies. I *was* doing fine until recently so I'm pretty sure it's the seasonal allergies that are clogging my nose chronically. Everything is blooming and blossoming here on the edge of our woods, plus my wife is all into flowers right now. The nasal spray worked great (for a couple nights) then compounded my clogging. I did some more saline spray this morning with a bit of relief. If I'm right, $1 doesn't buy much vodka Smile.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2014, 12:31 PM)justMongo Wrote: Snorkeler -- what are you doing about the Lyme Disease?
Thanks for asking Mongo,
long story. After 20 yrs of misdiagnosing we finally figured it out at a lyme support group. I'm not alone with every symptom you can imagine. So we started treating it but my herx reactions were overwhelming. The worst part was that it increased my seizures which damage my brain and result in more memory loss. My wife estimates my cognitive function is 50% of normal. We can't control the seizures completely because I'm hypersensitive to the antiseizure med side effects not mention non prescription supplements of every kind. I brought this up at a lyme support meeting so they asked if I have the "Mother F**cker gene". More testing revealed I have heterozygous MTHFR mutation that makes it difficult for my body to process toxins. That's just the tip of my ice berg. It was my 50th doctor (literally) that started me on the antiseizure meds and I've been to many more since. Now I'm in Stage 1 hypertension and worried about starting BP meds/side effects. Thank god for my wife's support and her great benefits or wouldn't be here today!

Post Reply Post Reply
Happy Easter everyone!
THANKS AGAIN for all your feedback and support !!!!
…Snorkeler

Post Reply Post Reply
Waking up with elevated heart rate is serious. Your body is jolting you with adrenaline to wake you up and keep your alive. Please see your doctor ASAP. It could be something as simple as upping your pressure but you never know until you talk to a professional.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for reaching out Snuffy and everyone else. I'm finally convinced to see my doctors. I'll report back.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 2 36 11 minutes ago
Last Post: ahuman
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 4 90 2 hours ago
Last Post: Valtor
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 239 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 116 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 857 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.