Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Warning!
Exclaimation 
[CPAP] Warning!
I've seen it mentioned elsewhere here recently but I think the subject is important enough to have its own thread so new CPAP users will see it. As a recent new user myself, February 20th, I had to learn this lesson on my own and it was a terrible experience. Nobody warns you of this. It is generally only discussed quietly or behind closed doors. I think the therapists secretly laugh about this when you first get your machines because they know you will learn this lesson soon, with no warning.

The warning:

DO NOT FART in the direction of your air intake. ESPECIALLY if you've had a fried egg sandwich as a bed-time snack. The smell is amplified and contained, PUNISHING you for far longer than a fart would ordinarily linger.

You have been warned!
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [CPAP] Warning!
Laugh-a-lotLaugh-a-lotLaugh-a-lot
SleepLurker
STOP THE SNORE !!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
One good thing, though, about CPAP therapy is that if the machine is properly placed, it is impossible for your bed partner to properly execute the classic "Dutch Oven" maneuver on you.

Seriously, do not put your CPAP machine on the floor by your bed if a flatulent dog is likely to sleep next to it.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
Gotta love the methane cuddles
Post Reply Post Reply
Pressurized methane gas is very flammable. Make sure there are no open flames near your mask while pressurized methane flows through your mask outlet holes.

The life you save may be your own.

Whistle
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
You need to order the special hypoflautlentic filters.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2015, 07:44 PM)archangle Wrote: You need to order the special hypoflautlentic filters.

You mean Stanx?
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2015, 07:19 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Pressurized methane gas is very flammable. Make sure there are no open flames near your mask while pressurized methane flows through your mask outlet holes.

The life you save may be your own.

Whistle

DielaughingDielaughingDielaughingDielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2015, 07:44 PM)archangle Wrote: You need to order the special hypoflautlentic filters.

Do those go in the machine or in...
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2015, 11:00 AM)justMongo Wrote:

Do those go in the machine or in...

Ha! That would make the misheard "nip it in the butt" actually apply... Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 626 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  [CPAP] Can you get a warning about no SD card? jerrykur 8 631 08-06-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  WARNING to CPAP Users: PREPARE for the Unexpected - When the power goes out SuperSleeper 231 120,297 07-21-2023, 05:07 AM
Last Post: baffled
Angry WARNING - POSSIBLE RESMED KNOCK-OFF srlevine1 11 4,641 04-30-2022, 01:05 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Equipment] Warning: Malware found on Contec RS01 gnluna 14 1,785 01-25-2022, 06:46 AM
Last Post: selfcoacher
  [News] WARNING: AROMATHERAPY srlevine1 1 707 10-27-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [How to] WARNING: RESMED WATER CHAMBER MISTAKE srlevine1 3 3,500 04-13-2021, 04:47 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.