Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Water Chamber (Resmed Airsense 10) empties every 2 days. What does it mean?
Water Chamber (Resmed Airsense 10) empties every 2 days. What does it mean?
Ive read reports here in the past that they have to fill up water once in a week or once in 4 days or so however in my case, Water Chamber(Have the Resmed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with HumidAir) empties in two days. I have tubetemp and climatecontrol set to Auto. Just curious to know what it means or implies as most other users are having to fill once in 4 days or in a week. Thanks for your help in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Water Chamber (Resmed Airsense 10) empties every 2 days. What does it mean?
I've just got an Aircurve VAuto and it's either two or three days. However, humidity levels on the Gold Coast are quite low at this time of year.
Post Reply Post Reply
Much depends on the ambient humidity. In winter here, I can go through the tub in one 8 hour session. In summer it might take two or three days, although I top it up every night because I don't like the smell when it dries out overnight.

And, of course, the manufacturers recommend dumping it out every morning, no matter what, to let it dry out. Only people with free water do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are some who have to refill their water tubs half way through the night. It's probably a good idea to be rinsing out your water tub every day anyway.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use 3/4 tub of water every night. YMMV on tub usage, as it's dependent upon room humidity and the humidifier settings of Auto or Manual and the temperature setting of 1-8. I agree, but don't necessarily follow, others advice to dump water daily. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi!
With normal outside humidity ,the level set at 4 and the temp .set at 26 C. I use a full tank every night.(almost).

I hope my machine is working normally.

Bag-head snorybob
Post Reply Post Reply
One tank one night, sometimes one tank half a night.
Post Reply Post Reply
The air must be real dry where you live !
Post Reply Post Reply
Totally depends on your area and current humidity in your bedroom. If I have the a/c on at night, I go through most of the water overnight. If I just have the windows open, I don't need any more for 3 nights. I don't know anybody who would go a week without adding more water unless they just use passover humidity.
Post Reply Post Reply
As everyone says, it depends on weather and your settings. In my case, I go through about 3/4 of a tank every night, so dump, dry, and refill daily. The air is dry here in Arizona!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 463 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,815 6 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,618 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,814 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.