Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Water Chamber (Resmed Airsense 10) empties every 2 days. What does it mean?
RE: Water Chamber (Resmed Airsense 10) empties every 2 days. What does it mean?
(06-24-2018, 03:55 AM)Determinism Wrote: Ive read reports here in the past that they have to fill up water once in a week or once in 4 days or so however in my case, Water Chamber(Have the Resmed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with HumidAir) empties in two days. I have tubetemp and climatecontrol set to Auto. Just curious to know what it means or implies as most other users are having to fill once in 4 days or in a week. Thanks for your help in advance!

You are seeing a lot of variance in the responses, and mine will be included in the range. I typically refill my reservoir every third night, first by dumping the four or five tablespoons that remain, rinsing once, and then refilling to just a bit above the high mark.  I commenced my therapy, here in the humid Pacific NW, in December.  Now that summer is here, I have found the need to increase my humidity setting from 1 to 2.  It doesn't seem to have resulted in a noticeable difference in water usage, and there is no need to increase tube temperature from its setting of 27 deg C.  I may increase the humidity to 3/4 just to see what happens, especially if it continues to be very dry and hot, as it usually is where I live, during the period from June - August.

Three days for me, with very low settings, but my ambient humidity for about 9 months is typically in excess of 60%, often above 90%.
Post Reply Post Reply
Both my humidity level and Climateline Air settings are set to "automatic". That way, I get maximum humidity without rain out. I must fill my humidity tank every night. Many times it is very close to dry in the morning. I enjoy lots of humidity!

Heck, distilled water is only 99 cents per gallon at the grocery store in my area. I use roughly a gallon per week. It is a small price to pay for comfort.

v/r
Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Couldn’t tell you how long mine lasts. I fill it about half full every night, dump what’s left every morning, and allow the tub to dry. Use a gallon of distilled water ever couple weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
3/4 a tub every night for me. bit more in summer when its drier.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, glad you posted. I have been thinking about how much water I go thru! Now, I don't feel so bad (but am going to check because I am probably out again)!
Post Reply Post Reply
I use between 1/2 to 4/5 of a full tub most nights of approx. 7 hours of usuage.
And even when I don't, I'll emptied, clean and refill every night anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2018, 02:06 PM)BlueDragon75 Wrote: As everyone says, it depends on weather and your settings.  In my case, I go through about 3/4 of a tank every night, so dump, dry, and refill daily.  The air is dry here in Arizona!

I have my humidifier set on 0 - passover and I can get several nights out of a tank and I don't usually fill it to the line.  A/C runs during the night and my machine usually runs 7 to 8 hours. 

I too live in Tucson and right now it is a dry heat. Once monsoon hits next months, the humidity will go up somewhat.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

It means that the surrounded air is very dry. In my case the humidifier is empty every night (8 hours) filled until the second mark.
Further on I noticed that on "automatic" there is a lot more water going through as by setting to "4". I set tubetemp to 24 degrees instead of automatic.
Post Reply Post Reply
With my s9, and the admittedly much larger water tank, with the standard tube, and humidity set to 3.5, I can get 4 or 5 days to a tank. But the level is pretty borderline, some nights I get a bit of the dries in my nose or throat.

With my s10, and the Climateline hose, and everything set to auto there seems to be about a 50/50 chance of making it through a second night without having to get up and fill it. But the comfort level is a lot higher. I've made a mental note to fill it every night. :-)

As you can see from all the responses, it's really a subjective thing. Everything depends on the ambient humidity in your bedroom. The goal of the auto settings on the S10 are to bring the humidity up to ambient, or a touch above. If the auto settings don't make you comfortable - because you live somewhere inherently dry, or whatever... tweaking manually might be the way to go.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've always had my humidity & temp settings on Auto.

I used to live in a humid climate, and I only needed to refill my reservoir once a week, maybe once every 5 days.

Now I live in a very dry climate, and I have to refill my reservoir every single day, without exception.  

I think it just depends on how humid it is where you are.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 436 41 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,807 4 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,614 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,811 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.