Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Water Chamber (Resmed Airsense 10) empties every 2 days. What does it mean?
RE: Water Chamber (Resmed Airsense 10) empties every 2 days. What does it mean?
Another tip: don't put the rest of the water back into de bottle, because this causes contamination. The best is to clean the chamber bij putting in one drop of chlorine and let it stand for appr. a few hours. Then clean with potable water, dry the chamber and fill up again with osmosis water.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Determinism, welcome to Apnea Board.
I will share not liking to have water in the tank for more than 1 day, 2 max. A little algae starts forming if left too long.
I offer that the best you can do is determine how much you use per nite, and fill accordingly. No more, maybe a thimble less so you wake up around the same tinme as you run out of water.
Combined with a good cleaning protocol, and you will never have problems. Or that has been my observation which works well in my case.
Good Luck
Post Reply Post Reply
I've only had this model of APAP for 2 weeks. I have mine set on AUTO and it seems to be working well. What I've noticed is that compared to my prior machines this model uses a lot less water to do the same thing as the other models. I'm using the same mask and my environmental conditions have not changed. So, while I agree that there is a lot of variability depending upon your environment, your mask and how it seals, etc. - the model itself seems to be much more efficient.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2018, 05:19 PM)sheepless Wrote: thanks SDave. I can't figure out the nose and humidity.  had humidity on 3 a few months ago and was fine for a while, then the runny nose.  backed off humidity til off, seemed to help, then stuffy nose.  cranked humidity back up to 1, runny nose again and sneezing.  at 2, not quite as runny nose, still sneezing.  not a cold.  at 2 I'm using 2/3 a tank per night!  wonder if humidity affects people differently or same people differently at different times.  to reduce runny nose some say more humidity some say less.  makes no sense to me.

Just a shot in the dark - clean your tank.
You may have a slight amount of mold growing somewhere and the runny nose is a reaction to it.

Just a far out, left field, probably wrong guess of something to check.
Aloha,
MrCourtney
Honolulu, HI
Post Reply Post Reply
good idea, courtney123. I clean everything about once a week so I doubt there's any mold but might as well clean everything again today just in case.

I tried climate control on auto for a couple nights, went through a full tank of water each night. nose still stuffy/runny/sneezy. last night I turned humidifier down to 1 but left hose temp at 81F, where it was on auto. a little higher than the 78F I previously had it set to. nose is fine today. first rain to speak of in months so that might have something to do with it too. slightly lower pressure settings, a 3 hour uninterrupted sleep session (a moral victory), no leaks for the first time in ages and 0.0 ahi. apparently the stars were aligned last night so I'll have to see if unstuffed non-runny nose lasts.
Post Reply Post Reply
A runny/stuffy nose can also be a sign of an allergy. When did you last change the intake filter on the unit?
Aloha,
MrCourtney
Honolulu, HI
Post Reply Post Reply
fortunately I have never suffered from allergies. changed filter 5 or 6 days ago. previous filter was used for about 3-4 weeks. no sinus issues today. for now I'm assuming higher hose temp is helping.
Post Reply Post Reply
Best of luck!
Aloha,
MrCourtney
Honolulu, HI
Post Reply Post Reply
I would suggest cleaning out and emptying the humidifer every morning. I do that and use this spray cleaner CleanSmart in it. It is a safe cleaner that just turns into saline solution. I spray my humidifer every morning, then let it dry out upside down in my bathroom on the counter. It is ready to go by night time. I also pour the CleanSmart inside of my hose to clean it out once a week and let it soak.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
My goodness!  All these replies have been extremely informative!!!

I live in WV, in a modular home.  I live in a room that's about 7x13 feet and have a window AC next to my bed.  My CPAP is on a container immediately between those 2 things.  My room is the only one with AC.
I have a mildew/mold problem.  Water pipes bursting throughout the years (we turn the water main on and off for use) and now water spots are showing up on the ceiling.  The smell is driving me batty (not to mention my allergies).  I wanted to buy a dehumidifier but I don't know if I have space.  Hubby recommended I get a humidity detector.  He couldn't believe the humidity was as high as I claim what with the AC running and all.
Over the Summer, the humidity in my room stayed between 68-78%.   Crazy

ALL of that said, lol... I go over a week on the same water and dump left overs.  I have the same machine but the humidity in it has been turned off (when I'm not lazy, I even pour some distilled water into a smaller bottle and stick it in the fridge the night before to use in my machine- I LOVE the cold air).

I live in a dust trap.  Everything is always getting covered in dust.  Even the surface of my machine.  I never had to change the filter, though, except 1 time after some 7 months.  And I give my bowl the sniff and touch test too  Dielaughing  I can see condensation build up against the inside of the bowl each day, but AS OF YET, I've had no problems with any sort of growth.

Also... even though I tend to sleep for 7 hours, I usually only use my machine for 4.  Without fail, I wake up at some point and take the mask off and turn the machine off  Oh-jeez
I've also recently switched from a nasal mask to a full sized one.  I'll have to make note of any water changes.

You guys have all given me a lot of food for thought!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,738 25 minutes ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 614 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,605 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 89 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.