Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

is SW567-0306 out of date? resmed10
is SW567-0306 out of date? resmed10
SW567-0306 seems old. Any updates?
Will updates come cellular automatically?
Sorry if answered elsewhere - but cannot find it

also anyone know how often insurance will replace the resmed 10
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: is SW567-0306 out of date? resmed10
My 7 yo AutoSet has SW567-0302 and hasn't ever been updated. I don't know if yours is 'outdated' but I doubt that it will updated.

As for replacement, some companies will replace after five years, others wait for a failure. Right now, any Autoset is hard to come by, although an AS11 may be easier.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
@ theMezz
@pholynyk

My S10 Unit SW is  SX567-0306 and was manufactured in Singapore in 2016. 

This device has never been updated over the cellular link and its CDMA cellular modem ceased functioning in April 2022 when our 2G/3G network was shut down in favor of the 4G/5G service. 

I am eligible for a new machine and have opted for another S10 with a 4G modem to preserve the functionality and value of my $800 investment in ResMed's pulse oximeter kit.

Best,

Steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Steve,
You just blew my theory. I was speculating that when Resmed switched over to the 4G modem, that it may require a firmware update.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed Air 10 devices only did one (over the Air) update, in 2015 they updated the firmware to address a bug in the humidifier system.

There hasn't been one since and their is no (commonly) known mechanism to update the firmware manually or via any kind of servicing. Practically speaking, with an Air 10, you remain the firmware it came with.

Not the case with Air 11, at the beginning of the month Air 11 owners started reporting Over the Air updates.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2022, 08:10 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Steve,
You just blew my theory.  I was speculating that when Resmed switched over to the 4G modem, that it may require a firmware update.

@Crimson Nape

I asked if I could get a 4G replacement modem with the same S10 form factor and the repair company told me that I would need to get a software update to reflash the microcode. I asked if they could do it as a certified repair station and he said "no." I asked for a recommendation for another repair station and he said "just get a new machine." 

I am still hopeful that it can be done. All ResMed in San Diego would say is to contact my DME. I did and they are clueless. The DME rep said that the modem was medically unnecessary and if it was, ResMed would have sent out a bulletin. 

We are screwed.

My only consolation is that this screws up their long-term research data collection. 

Best,

Steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I just recalled that I received a zip file from a fairly new AutoSet. Here are the relevant lines from the Ident file:

#SRN 232113xxxxx

#SID SX567-0401

#PNA AirSense_10_AutoSet

#PCD 37090

so, manufacture in the 13th week of 2021, but with a new product code I haven't seen before, and a big jump in the software version, for unknown reasons. It may be the Modem generation, or it may be feature changes.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,176 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 228 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Airsense 10 Autoset- I messed up the date OldFatMan 3 394 12-26-2023, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Help interpreting Oscar date from first night Keicereal 2 347 12-04-2023, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Keicereal
  [Equipment] Time/Date Setting MoneyPit1946 9 657 10-07-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.