Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Waxing and waning respiration / OSCAR charts library?
RE: Waxing and waning respiration / OSCAR charts library?
I like your methodical approach, keep at it. You’re helping others ,including me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick update and recap of the previous 3 nights with no EPR/PS.

16th - 6cm fixed - significant reduction in waxing/waning that was causing mini events, limited mainly to the later stages. 47% of the night below resting heart rate.

17th - 5.5cm fixed - awful night, some waxing/waning throughout all stages of sleep with more mini events than 6cm. 75% of the night above resting heart rate.

18th - 6.4cm (last night) - I forgot to put my SD card in. 95% of the night under my resting heart rate, woke up with a very rare erection and my libido actually existed in the morning, don't recall actually waking up much at all through the night. Shame I don't have the Oscar data. Fitbit and Muse S headband recorded 50 minutes of REM but could be better.. I woke up relatively early - probably disruption in the last REM cycle, as my heart rate was mostly only raised in the latter part of the night. I assume when my pressure needs are greater.

I think I'm almost there.

Due to these results I'll stay the course and try smaller increments of fixed pressure each night now of 0.2cm until I'm sustaining under 95% resting heart rate and seeing less waxing/waning disruption/mini events.

Sleeprider, thanks for your suggestion of 8.4cm with 2.4cm PS built in. I'll bare that in mind if my current course goes adrift or doesn't achieve what I'm looking for.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's my o2 stats from the 3 previous nights.

You will note the overall improvement on each one in all respects - stability, less motion etc.

Ordered by pressure:

5.5cm - https://ibb.co/HzvSQCc
6.0cm - https://ibb.co/YyWp648
6.5cm - https://ibb.co/7Y6Q5r7

Interesting stuff.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried fixed pressure of 7cm (no EPR still) last night and oh dear, I have a serious headache and there was almost an entire hour of o2 chaos in my Wellvue. Never had this happen since tracking with Wellvue for a few weeks. Lots of burping/farting this morning and brief awake arousals in the latter half of sleep.

This didn't happen with 6.6cm either last night.

0 AHI though and no leaks - but I bet when I take a look at Oscar later there's a lot of mini events and waxing/waning stuff.

Check my Wellvue stats -

[Image: Screenshot-20230421-064020-Vi-Health.jpg]
[Image: Screenshot-20230421-064032-Vi-Health.jpg]
photo upload

I'm actually having a bicarbonate test today to measure my carbon dioxide levels as I'm convinced this is the reason for my flushed face, blood pressure, libido, cognition and other symptoms.

I don't think I've been properly treated for my sleep disorder since starting CPAP.

The closest I got was the 2 nights before last night with fixed of 6.0cm - 6.4cm with no EPR, but still wax/waning.

I'll get Oscar data later. Time for the experts to have a look at my 6cm and 6.4cm fixed nights and suggest next steps to cure the residual issues of those nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
2 hours in to my day and I feel like complete mind foggy dog sh*t like I didn't even use CPAP. Warm cheeks, mild head ache.

What a huge difference to the previous 2 nights before last night, when pressure was only slightly lower and I didn't get any crazy o2 dropping for an hour.

I hate how these machines will tell you AHI 0 "all good" when this crap is happening in the background. Completely trashed therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 1 103 03-27-2024, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 109 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 378 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 825 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 295 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Respiration Rate wickedsleepy 11 506 02-08-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.