Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Weirdness
Grin 
CPAP Weirdness
Per normal pre-bed procedure I refilled the humidifier, tripped the pre-heater, took my pills, nasal sprayed, brushed my teeth and punched the radio to my favorite classical music station. Climbing into bed, I donned the mask and grabbed my nook. I attempted to get comfortable and do a little reading; but it became clear that something was wrong.

There was no air coming out of the nasal pillows no matter how hard I breathed. Back-tracking led me to discover that I'd failed to properly close the humidifier cover - what a relief, as I envisioned having to dig out the old travel machine. Or, worse having to send the S9 in for repairs.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Weirdness
Gee Pollcat, that has never happened to me but when it didn't happen the noise tipped me off.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Gee, I've never done that either. Must be an Indy thing. Oh, wait, my dad was from Indy.
You should get out your label maker and put a label near the start button: Humidifier Lid Closed?
I have one that says: O2 ON?

And, to [Image: threadjacked.gif]
I discovered a disadvantage to my FFM. If I remove, it's nearly impossible to get back on while lying on my side.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes, what happens to me is that I think I closed the lid all the way, get in bed after masking up, only to hear this loud rushing sound coming from the machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I sometimes forget to hose back up. I should put a picture of Noo Noo on my nightstand. Smile http://cyberneticzoo.com/wp-content/uplo...leamer.jpg
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP Weirdness After Weight Loss Apnea23 3 578 03-11-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Power outage weirdness lunaticds 10 4,585 05-05-2015, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
  Newbie needs help with sinus weirdness.. Olyhouse 20 7,012 11-17-2014, 12:44 AM
Last Post: woozie38
  Full face weirdness chd3143 18 6,254 10-20-2014, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Whitewabit
Question Sleepyhead Data Weirdness courtney123 7 2,764 07-29-2013, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.