Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] What is "rampa"
Ohmy 
What is "rampa"
Hi to averybody, i'm just another cpap self user: i want to say what is the "rampa" features in my F&P Icon auto cpap devices. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What is "rampa"
(02-01-2015, 11:29 AM)AlexBond Wrote: Hi to averybody, i'm just another cpap self user: i want to say what is the "rampa" features in my F&P Icon auto cpap devices. Thanks

Hi I'll assume you mean "ramp".

Ramp time is the time taken to go from a low comfortable starting pressure to the prescribed treatment pressure. It's a comfort thing so you don't have to breath against the resistance of your treatment pressure straight away, but get eased into it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi AlexBond,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Ramp is a feature that gradually increases your pressure for a time, anywhere from 5 to 45 minutes depending on where it is set. Some people find it useful when they first get started with CPAP therapy and others don't like it at all and turn it off.
Hang in there for more answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2015, 11:29 AM)AlexBond Wrote: Hi to averybody, i'm just another cpap self user: i want to say what is the "rampa" features in my F&P Icon auto cpap devices. Thanks

Bond. Alex Bond.

A warm welcome to Apnea Board, whether you work for the Intelligence Services or not.

The clinician set-up manual for your machine would explain the various features and settings and is available from Apnea Board by email request. Follow the link below and scroll down to section 3.

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Happy hunting,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.