Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] What stats are important?
What stats are important?
Coming up on 2 months as a "user".  Started off with a FFM. Problem with leaks around my mouth edges.   After a month I switched to pillows.  Leaks were massive.  Couldn't keep the pillow straps in position on my head.  Woke up at night with the pillows not even in my nose.  Awful dry throat and couldn't train to keep my mouth shut.  4 nights back to FFM and I prefer this option.  Actually the last 4 nights with FFM were the best since my starting CPAP.  No dry mouth, no phlegm in my throat, all in all - a good night's sleep.  Much better than without CPAP.  

Now to the subject:  I still get leaks with FFM at the corners of my mouth.  The leaks don't wake me and since a conversation with Norco about leaks I'm no longer concerned that my therapy is amiss.

Is AHI the single stat that my CPAP therapy is working?

Also:  I took the CPAP on a road trip.  It really wasn't worth the bother.  I'm still in the "compliance" stage with medicare.  1st check is in 3 weeks.  Going on a 3 day road trip and don't intend to use CPAP.  Will this affect compliance?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What stats are important?
tlippy, could you please post a detail daily chart? The welcome banner does not tell us anything at all. AHI is only one possible metric that tells us the quality of your therapy. Leaks, snores, RERA, flow limits and respiratory statistics can also be evaluated in Sleepyhead, and can be expected to have an effect on your perception of the overall experience.

It's good to hear that therapy is becoming more comfortable and your sleep is improved. Give that, I don't know why you would travel without the machine. Your compliance must demonstrate more than 4 hours of use on 21 of any 30 consecutive days. Losing 3-days is about 50% of your allowed "non-compliance". We don't know how many other days you lost due to non-use or using it less than 4 hours.

If you still are getting leaks from the corners of your mouth, then you should try a different mask size or model to solve that issue. The summary you posted does not tell us much about the leak problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI is the most important stat. If your AHI is low, and you are sleeping through the night, and you feel well rested - then you are good.

If not, then we need to see all the data (via sleepyhead) to help guide improvements.
Post Reply Post Reply
Traveling without your machine is time lost for therapy that's proven to increase quality of life and personal health. Personal well being is far more important than compliance and if you take care of yourself then compliance is a matter of time.

I don't sleep well while traveling, but I never go without the machine.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Your profile shows you are using a Resmed Elite CPAP, but actually you have an Airsense 10 Autoset.  Last time you posted, it was set to fixed pressure of 13 cm with EPR at 2.  Your compliance stats look fine at this point.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6381]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

(06-18-2018, 09:41 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: tlippy, could you please post a detail daily chart?  The welcome banner does not tell us anything at all.  AHI is only one possible metric that tells us the quality of your therapy.  Leaks, snores, RERA, flow limits and respiratory statistics can also be evaluated in Sleepyhead, and can be expected to have an effect on your perception of the overall experience.  

It's good to hear that therapy is becoming more comfortable and your sleep is improved. Give that, I don't know why you would travel without the machine.  Your compliance must demonstrate more than 4 hours of use on 21 of any 30 consecutive days.  Losing 3-days is about 50% of your allowed "non-compliance".  We don't know how many other days you lost due to non-use or using it less than 4 hours.

If you still are getting leaks from the corners of your mouth, then you should try a different mask size or model to solve that issue.  The summary you posted does not tell us much about the leak problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
You've continued to make good progress.  When I say a detailed chart I actually mean one like below with the events, flow rate, pressure, snores and flow limits.

Equally important, how are you feeling with this improvement in results? Is there anything you would change about your therapy?  Do you prefer the fixed pressure?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2018, 01:59 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You've continued to make good progress.  When I say a detailed chart I actually mean one like below with the events, flow rate, pressure, snores and flow limits.

Equally important, how are you feeling with this improvement in results? Is there anything you would change about your therapy?  Do you prefer the fixed pressure?
S.R.   TKS for replying.  I'm just learning this stuff so I'm error prone Oh-jeez  Is this the info that gives the correct info?

Post Reply Post Reply
Very good, just minimize the monthly calendar by clicking the triangle in the date line, and you're a pro.

The new graph shows the leaks and the machine is able to compensate, so it's not affecting therapy, but probably isn't doing much for your sleep. Other than the leaks, there is not a lot that needs to be done here. It's entirely up to you, but if you want to try EPR at 3, I don't think it will hurt anything, and may even help with the hypopnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2018, 02:30 PM)tlippy Wrote:
(06-18-2018, 01:59 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You've continued to make good progress.  When I say a detailed chart I actually mean one like below with the events, flow rate, pressure, snores and flow limits.

S.R.   TKS for replying.  I'm just learning this stuff so I'm error prone Oh-jeez  Is this the info that gives the correct info?

(06-18-2018, 03:13 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Very good, just minimize the monthly calendar by clicking the triangle in the date line, and you're a pro.  

The new graph shows the leaks and the machine is able to compensate, so it's not affecting therapy, but probably isn't doing much for your sleep.  Other than the leaks, there is not a lot that needs to be done here.  It's entirely up to you, but if you want to try EPR at 3, I don't think it will hurt anything, and may even help with the hypopnea.

tlippy, I would also like to see your Pie Chart removed; it doesn't add information and causes some intresting information to be pushed off-screen.  Here's how you can do it:

[quote pid='257299' dateline='1525376894']
Ron AKAYou should be able to click on File (in top left), Preferences, Appearance, and then just uncheck the box that says "Show event breakdown pie chart", and then the OK button in the bottom corner.
[/quote]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,432 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  AHI vs Desaturation -which is more important? vwboop 1 154 03-08-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 370 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 348 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,153 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 417 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,516 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.