Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Where could I send defectives boards cpap to repair?
Where could I send defectives boards cpap to repair?

Hi!
Here in Brasil we don't have technical service to cpap repair... I work with refurbished equipments like M-Series Autoset Respironics and I have about 10 units of defective main board alarming error system.
I'd like to know where I can send these boards for evaluation.
Thanks.Thanks
Jose
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where could I send defectives boards cpap to repair?
Jose, there are a number of very qualified repair facilities here in the U.S. I don't believe a repair of a M-Series main board will be economical since the units are old and were discontinued over 6 years ago.

Is there much demand in Brazil for these old and discontinued units? There are probably thousands of them that are fully functional sitting in closets, and that are offered on Craigslist at garage sale prices. I have one in the closet, way back in the corner.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jose Filho,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the quick response. yes, here in Brasil there is still much demand for such equipment, including repair. I would be delighted if someone sent me a list of companies or reliable technicians who work with this line of reconditioned equipment.
TKS
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2015, 07:07 PM)Jose Filho Wrote: I would be delighted if someone sent me a list of companies or reliable technicians who work with this line of reconditioned equipment.
TKS
CPAP Repairs, #27 and # 28
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you not have any firms in Brazil that do work like this? <link to Soumac PCB Assembly Services removed>, I should point out that I have no commercial connection with this company, but have used them for circuit board repairs in the past, I show them only as an example of what is available.

Firms like this claim that they are able to fault find and repair the majority of boards, and I would not have thought those in CPAP machines were that complex, I do believe problems can arise if boards have custom chips fitted which are machine specific and difficult to obtain.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Phill, that is a brilliant idea. Work with a circuit board repair, rather than CPAP repair. The shops that are authorized to repair CPAP machines are limited by law in what they can do, and are required to use OEM parts, and make repairs in accordance with medical and manufacturer standards. If you just treat it like a washing machine, you stand a better chance. That said, most circuit boards are considered disposable, however the OEM replacement of a CPAP board costs several hundred dollars.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the analogy of a washing machine, perhaps I should try that instead of the thing I couple myself up to each night, sleeping on the floor of the utility room might be a little cold though.Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2015, 10:04 AM)Phill Wrote: I like the analogy of a washing machine, perhaps I should try that instead of the thing I couple myself up to each night, sleeping on the floor of the utility room might be a little cold though.Dielaughing

Just flip on the dryer, and redirect the exhaust hose...warm and moist air can be yours.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2015, 09:30 AM)Phill Wrote: Do you not have any firms in Brazil that do work like this? <link to Soumac PCB Assembly Services removed>, I should point out that I have no commercial connection with this company, but have used them for circuit board repairs in the past, I show them only as an example of what is available.

Firms like this claim that they are able to fault find and repair the majority of boards, and I would not have thought those in CPAP machines were that complex, I do believe problems can arise if boards have custom chips fitted which are machine specific and difficult to obtain.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

Sorry about that, I thought as I was not trying to sell anything, and had no commercial connection with the firm it would be OK.Sad

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,122 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 330 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 788 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  Where to send unused/unopened CPAP supplies? highrateleaker 1 523 11-25-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] resmed apap repair sleeper2460 4 513 11-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  New and STRUGGLING! Send help! loofah 6 612 09-29-2023, 09:40 AM
Last Post: loofah
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 595 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.