Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Whining siren noise and bearing replacement/repair
Rollerblade bearings come in different ABEC- ABEC 3; 5; 7; and ABEC 9. I only use 9s.
Post Reply Post Reply

I've broken down my REMstar BiPAP 700-M series machine. And have removed the fan blower/motor assembly...

BiPAP Machine: REMstar
Model: BiPAP Auto - M Series
Model: 700M
S/N: M003489431 (Flow Generator)
Blower P/N: 1035940
Motor Markings: DK9 05

Have hit a dead end, unable to locate any further disassembly access...
Please advise...
Thanks much,
Kimble[/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
Dissassembly is so unusual that I doubt you'll find anyone who help you with this project.

Bump.
Post Reply Post Reply

Kimble, time for a new machine. The Philips Respironics System One 60 series (760P) BiPAP Auto might be a good deal. Newest is the Dreamstation BiPAP Auto, and for Resmed, the Aircurve 10 VAuto or older S9 Vauto.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, 

I've had my dinosaur of a machine, which is a Resmed S8 VPAP S, for a long time.  When new it lasted for about a year or two before the whining started.   This was around 2009 ish.  My service replace it with a refurbished one.   The second time the motor started whining was around 2015 so I stopped using the machine.    I was VERY lucky one day when I went to a local thrift store and found the SAME EXACT MACHINE!   The price... $4.99!! Eeek!!!   I turned the machine on and it was working fine so I just tooK both apart and transplanted the motor to mine.   It's been working fine since, although the exhalation part where the pressure lowers seems non existent in the last few months.

The motor that I have has 2 clear caps over the impellers, but the metal casing is fused together.  The impellers I could not find a way to get of.  Anyways, I wanted to know how you (or anyone) got the impeller off the motor to get to the bearings?   Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
My S8 VPAP S blower motor  finally gave out again and took it apart once more.   Finally figured out how to disassemble the Blower Motor Assembly.
I would post picks from photobucket but I have not reached my 4 posts to add links.   The impellers can be twisted one at a time to slowly release from the shaft in order for access to 3 screws to a plate.  Macro shots of the side of the bearing does confirm OP's bearing ID of NMB R-3HH.    

At this point I have a suspicion that the S8 series might have the same Blower Motor Kit assembly.   An offer was made to me for an S8 Elite II for $60 but it was a smoker's unit.   Might see if it is still available just to see the motor inside and see it it will work for the VPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply

Eppy, pretty good stuff. Feel free to make a couple gratuitous posts so you can link the images. Who would guess access is by twisting out the impellers.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation heated hose temp repair fix Corvette817 11 418 10-14-2017, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  DreamStation Go and ResMed AirMini (Excessive Noise) Group 7 Racer 3 253 10-13-2017, 12:09 AM
Last Post: David Govan
  Philips Dreamwear headgear replacement hack? BHappy 15 703 10-12-2017, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Resmed mask [Swift II replacement] HerbWarren 3 134 09-27-2017, 09:38 PM
Angry [CPAP] Strange mask noise Sleep1ngb3auty16 3 206 09-21-2017, 09:38 PM
  Noise level of Respironics Dreamstation vs Resmed Airsense 10 scottlink96 60 12,608 09-05-2017, 05:33 PM
Last Post: KackyW
  S9 Noise snorer131 5 1,824 09-01-2017, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Rbullock