Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Whining siren noise and bearing replacement/repair
RE: Whining siren noise and bearing replacement/repair
Hi clintga,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Great job on getting your machine fixed and thanks for the information.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
That's awesome that you got your machine all fixed up. It's good to know about the bearings if mine ever dies.
Post Reply Post Reply
You know, I may try that tactic with my S-9 with the growly bearings.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
bearings generally start dragging before noise is audible causing stress elsewhere - increased current draw and erratic back EMF. Is why I asked about hours. I may want to just change the bearings as a wear item.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2015, 04:00 PM)clintga Wrote: They are shielded bearings. I will try to attach a pic. Google plus made the pic not very clear. The right bearing had a small amount of rust. The left bearing could have been used longer. But as a precaution, I changed out both.

Those bearing look very similar to the brush roller bearings I just replaced in my Dyson.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2015, 02:06 PM)AlanE Wrote:
(04-23-2015, 04:00 PM)clintga Wrote: They are shielded bearings. I will try to attach a pic. Google plus made the pic not very clear. The right bearing had a small amount of rust. The left bearing could have been used longer. But as a precaution, I changed out both.

Those bearing look very similar to the brush roller bearings I just replaced in my Dyson.

bearings are bearings and the descriptor standardized. is no problem to acquire. example expensive wheel bearing in Jag XKE is same as cheap bearing in Chevy. Do not ask how I learned this as a youth.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2015, 02:35 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: bearings are bearings and the descriptor standardized. is no problem to acquire. example expensive wheel bearing in Jag XKE is same as cheap bearing in Chevy. Do not ask how I learned this as a youth.

Pnless they have a PMA number associated with them (aircraft). Then they get more expensive. Just because.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2015, 02:35 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: ...example expensive wheel bearing in Jag XKE is same as cheap bearing in Chevy. Do not ask how I learned this as a youth.

So, you used the expensive Jag bearing in your Chevy.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2015, 10:59 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(04-24-2015, 02:35 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: ...example expensive wheel bearing in Jag XKE is same as cheap bearing in Chevy. Do not ask how I learned this as a youth.

So, you used the expensive Jag bearing in your Chevy.

I commend your dry sense of humor! LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2015, 10:58 AM)Mark Douglas Wrote: bearings generally start dragging before noise is audible causing stress elsewhere - increased current draw and erratic back EMF. Is why I asked about hours. I may want to just change the bearings as a wear item.

Probably in the neighborhood of 18,000 hours...as an estimate. I don't think my machine will tell me the exact hours.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,026 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,254 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 84 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,815 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 141 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,602 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 200 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.