Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Whining siren noise and bearing replacement/repair
RE: Whining siren noise and bearing replacement/repair
Rollerblade bearings come in different ABEC- ABEC 3; 5; 7; and ABEC 9. I only use 9s.
Post Reply Post Reply

I've broken down my REMstar BiPAP 700-M series machine. And have removed the fan blower/motor assembly...

BiPAP Machine: REMstar
Model: BiPAP Auto - M Series
Model: 700M
S/N: M003489431 (Flow Generator)
Blower P/N: 1035940
Motor Markings: DK9 05

Have hit a dead end, unable to locate any further disassembly access...
Please advise...
Thanks much,
Kimble[/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
Dissassembly is so unusual that I doubt you'll find anyone who help you with this project.

Bump.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Kimble, time for a new machine. The Philips Respironics System One 60 series (760P) BiPAP Auto might be a good deal. Newest is the Dreamstation BiPAP Auto, and for Resmed, the Aircurve 10 VAuto or older S9 Vauto.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, 

I've had my dinosaur of a machine, which is a Resmed S8 VPAP S, for a long time.  When new it lasted for about a year or two before the whining started.   This was around 2009 ish.  My service replace it with a refurbished one.   The second time the motor started whining was around 2015 so I stopped using the machine.    I was VERY lucky one day when I went to a local thrift store and found the SAME EXACT MACHINE!   The price... $4.99!! Eeek!!!   I turned the machine on and it was working fine so I just tooK both apart and transplanted the motor to mine.   It's been working fine since, although the exhalation part where the pressure lowers seems non existent in the last few months.

The motor that I have has 2 clear caps over the impellers, but the metal casing is fused together.  The impellers I could not find a way to get of.  Anyways, I wanted to know how you (or anyone) got the impeller off the motor to get to the bearings?   Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
My S8 VPAP S blower motor  finally gave out again and took it apart once more.   Finally figured out how to disassemble the Blower Motor Assembly.
I would post picks from photobucket but I have not reached my 4 posts to add links.   The impellers can be twisted one at a time to slowly release from the shaft in order for access to 3 screws to a plate.  Macro shots of the side of the bearing does confirm OP's bearing ID of NMB R-3HH.    

At this point I have a suspicion that the S8 series might have the same Blower Motor Kit assembly.   An offer was made to me for an S8 Elite II for $60 but it was a smoker's unit.   Might see if it is still available just to see the motor inside and see it it will work for the VPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Eppy, pretty good stuff. Feel free to make a couple gratuitous posts so you can link the images. Who would guess access is by twisting out the impellers.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
I just completed this repair and it’s right on point, plus what a great opportunity to clean the gunk and replace the cmos battery..,,,,awesome!!! Bearing recommendation was an exact fit and available on Amazon!
Post Reply Post Reply
The OP is hilarious as calling out an entire country as having poor QC! Talk about a misunderstanding of production specifications!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,032 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,256 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,815 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 142 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 201 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.