Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Wireless SD Card for The Rest of Us
RE: CPAP Wireless SD Card for The Rest of Us
I am thinking about updating my Flashair SD card from a w-02 to a w-04. Is there any possible problem I might run into?
Also is there any other wifi SD card that might work as well or better?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2019, 11:05 PM)CurtRug Wrote: I am thinking about updating my Flashair SD card from a w-02 to a w-04. Is there any possible problem I might run into?
Also is there any other wifi SD card that might work as well or better?

I use a Toshiba w-03 with no issues I haven’t tried a w-04.

I am not aware of any other WiFi SD cards that will work with the availiable software, so if you don’t go with a Toshiba WiFi SD Card you will be crafting your own solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Curt
Post Reply Post Reply
I've now been using my FlashAir chip for 7 sleep sessions.  It works great and saves a lot of chip removal and replacement.  The "FlashPap" software is easy to use has worked perfectly for all my sessions (I believe a sleep forum member wrote the software -- you created a valuable tool for "the rest of us").

The sleep forum step-by-step instructions for initializing, installing and using the FlashAir chip were the best I've seen in many years and pretty much removed any guess work from the process.  When I finally did it right (took me a couple of tries because I make lots and lots of mistakes), the chip worked perfectly.

THANK YOU!
Carl / Tubaman
"We run as fast as we can.  To get as far as we can.  So that when we finally get there we have that much further to run to get back to where we should have been."
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I used the Forums guidelines for setting up my Flashair W-02 over two years ago and it worked fine until about a month ago when it would quit broadcasting until I inserted it in an external card reader and then back into my Dreamstation. Then after a week of this it would not broadcast from my Dreamstation at all. In troubleshooting my Dreamstation I plugged a plain SD card into it and after it downloaded to the plain SD card, I reinserted my Flashair W-02 and it broadcast from the Dreamstation and continues to week now for over a week. The only thing I can diagnose from this, is a possible poor connection within the Dreamstation.
While all of this was going on I bought a new Flashair W-04, and flashed the latest version firmware. I than manually installed a recommended CONFIG file, changing entries pertaining to my case such as Network and Key. Plugging it into a card reader, it is picked up by my router so it appears to be OK also.
Curt
Post Reply Post Reply
I know it's generally not good forum etiquette to bump old threads, this one is pretty detailed though and thought it would be better to piggyback off existing info which is already plentiful.

What is the best way once set up, to add old sleep data from the old card to the new one? Upload a copy of all the files from the PC wirelessly?

I don't have the card yet (coming Saturday) but want to have a baseline on how to proceed besides the OP

Also "Add the following line items to the column: APPNAME=FlashAir, APPSSID=NNNNN, LOCK=1, DNSMODE=1, APPAUTOTIME=0, UPLOAD=1, NOISE_CANCEL=2"

Should it be formated like that in comma form or each item on a new line? I've seen some variations online.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Wi-Fi capability is minimal at best. I would recommend that you copy the files to it directly while it's in your PC's slot. Each parameter must be on a separate line. If you aren't using a Windows PC to configure this file, you will need to have your text editor store the file with a CR+LF for line termination. Setting a static IP will really help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm getting confused if these instructions work for a Mac or not?

Are there any Mac instructions start to finish?

Also, I have a dual 5 and 2.4 Hz network? Is that workable?

And how do I partition a 64GB SD drive to a 32Fat drive? 

Michael
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi wacomme!  -  Welcome

The largest that I've tried is a 32Gb.   If you have a 64Gb, you might try creating a primary partition of about 16Gb and format it to FAT32. Most CPAP's don't use more than 4Gb anyway.

Since you are using a Mac, you will need to save the SD_WLAN/CONFIG file using CR+LF as line terminators.  The best practice is to be within 30 feet (9.14 m) of your Wi-Fi access point and assign a static IP to the FlashAir.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using SleepMaster to configure my SD card. After creating a static IP address (10.9.9.99) on the card and then inserting it into my machine and searching for the card, two pop-up screens appeared. 

Something went wrong. How should I proceed?

Michael
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 645 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 555 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Loaded wrong SD Card in CPAP Machine SideSleeper 6 755 03-31-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Inserting the SD Card of the old device into the replaced Philips Dreamstation Cpap deimos 9 4,509 06-24-2022, 12:13 PM
Last Post: deimos
  Best wireless SD card to Airsense 10 + Oscar? Dolla Bill 1 892 09-29-2021, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Aircurve 10 do both wireless and SD data? bemused 3 1,388 04-11-2019, 01:40 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
Idea Note: Wireless reporting not available, free data reporting using SD-card Ariyana 2 1,341 03-20-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Ariyana

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.