Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Wireless SD Card for The Rest of Us
Idea 
CPAP Wireless SD Card for The Rest of Us
For us non-techies, Xpap Machine Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to SleepyHead --
I leave a FlashAir SD card in my xPAP machine and it wirelessly sends sleep data to my computer hard drive for input to SleepyHead software. The card no longer needs to be moved from xPAP machine to the computer. Here's a list of easy detailed instructions written mainly for those new to computers and less techie users. They are based largely on procedures from (Google searchable) TNET Sleep Apnea Information that I expanded upon or modified. Thanks go to Krelvin for getting me started and others for adding to my understanding. Questions, comments and suggestions are welcome by post or pm.

Setup: Wireless SD Card DataTransfer to SleepyHead Software

A. Preparing the new Wireless SD card
1. Install in your computer card reader a Toshiba FlashAir III W03 16GB Wireless SD Memory Card (PFW016U-1CCW) available from Amazon and eBay. If available, Toshiba FlashAir III W03 8GB Wireless SD Memory Card is good. Both are priced about $25.
2. Go to Control Panel, Folder Options, View and select “Show hidden files, folders . . .” Click Apply and OK.
3. Go to and open Computer (My Computer), select the SD’s card drive and open it.
4. Open SD_WLAN, then open the CONFIG file using Notepad.
5. Change APPMODE value from 4 to 5 and change APPNETWORKKEY value from ******** to your LAN Network Security Key (a.k.a SSID Security Key/password a.k.a. your ISP Network Key) provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
6. Add the following line items to the column: APPNAME=FlashAir, APPSSID=NNNNN, LOCK=1, DNSMODE=1, APPAUTOTIME=0, UPLOAD=1, NOISE_CANCEL=2
7. Change APPSSID value from NNNNN to your home WiFi Network’s Name. Click File and Save. Click File again and Exit.
8. Click the C: drive, click “New folder,” rename it SLEEPDATA and close the page.
9. Safely remove the SD card as follows: Open Computer, right click the SD’s card drive, select Eject and remove the card.
10. Insert the SD card in your xPAP machine. If a message appears, “Invalid SD card, erase SD card data? Yes/No?,” select Yes and press the enter button.
11. Open SleepyHead and click File, Preferences and Import tab. Note the “Ignore Short Sessions” Minutes on the right. Once your xPAP machine resets, put your mask on and operate your xPAP machine for at least the number of Short Sessions Minutes to record breathing test data.
12. Leave the FlashAir SD card in your xPAP machine from now on. If you inadvertently remove it or turn power off, reinitialized the card as discussed in Part E below.

B. Using FlashPAP to transfer data from xPAP/FlashAir SD to your computer/hard drive
1. Google JAVA to download and install Free JAVA software. Then Google Cognitial Flashpap to download and install FlashPAP. Drag and drop FlashPAP.jar to your desktop or otherwise create a desktop shortcut.
2. Open FlashPAP. Click […] next to “Profile/User Name,” click “New Profile,” type in “SLEEPDATA” and click OK. Use the down arrow and select your “xPAP Machine.” To automatically detect and fill in the card’s “IP Address,” click […] and select “Scan Network”. Then click “Scan network for FlashAir devices.” After the card is detected click “Use selected FlashAir.”
3. Click […] for “Destination Folder,” select the C: drive, select SLEEPDATA and click Save.
4. At bottom Click […] for “Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software.” Click Desktop, scroll to and click the SleepyHead shortcut.
5. Click “Scan FlashAir SD card.” Today’s date appears in “Dates found on card” if you ran the xPAP breathing test in Step A11. Select the date and click “Copy xPAP data for selected date(s)”.
6. Click “Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software” and wait for SleepyHead to open automatically.

C. Using SleepyHead software
1. In SleepyHead, select user name. Click Import, Yes and Daily to see detailed graphs of the wirelessly transferred sleep data.
(If necessary, click Import, Specify, Computer and double-click OS ©. Scroll down to select SLEEPDATA and click Choose.)
2. If other data already exists in SleepyHead for today’s date and you want to see detailed graphs of your test data by itself, use the select/deselect feature in the lower left under Cpap Sessions.

BEGIN HERE FOR TYPICAL DAILY OPERATION

D. Daily Operation
1. Open FlashPAP and click Scan FlashAir SD card.
2. Select new Date(s) found on card and click Copy xPAP data for selected date(s).
3. Click Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software. Wait while SleepyHead opens.
4. Operate SleepyHead normally.

E. Reinitializing the FlashAir SD card if power is interrupted or the card is inadvertently removed
1. If power is turned off or if you remove the FlashAir card from your xPAP machine or there is a power loss, the card will need to be reinitialized. Google FlashAir II Config Utility to download, save, install and run the FlashAir Tool from Toshiba.
2. Follow the on-screen prompts to Initialize the card. When instructed, safely remove the SD card as follows: Open Computer, right click the SD’s card drive, select Eject and remove the card (multiple times if prompted). When you see "Initialize succeeded,” click OK, leave the card in the card reader and close the FlashAirTool. Perform Part A steps above.

F. Restore “hidden files”
1. Return to Control Panel, Folder Options, View and select “Don’t show hidden files, folders . . .” Click Apply and OK.

Notes:
1. Save your old SD card with its stored sleep data.
2. Save all of the above downloads in your Downloads folder for future ready access.
3. If you need to take an SD card in for your doc to review, transfer your sleep data to a standard SD card that came with your machine.
4. When/if you remove the card or if power to your xPAP machine is turned off or interrupted, the card will need to be reinitialized as covered in Part E.

________
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Wireless SD Card for The Rest of Us
(08-13-2015, 01:18 AM)Papit Wrote: For us non-techies, Xpap Machine Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to SleepyHead --
 I leave a FlashAir SD card in my xPAP machine and it wirelessly sends sleep data to my computer hard drive for input to SleepyHead software. The card no longer needs to be moved from xPAP machine to the computer. Here's a list of easy detailed instructions written mainly for those new to computers and less techie users.  They are based largely on procedures from (Google searchable) TNET Sleep Apnea Information that I expanded upon or modified.  Thanks go to Krelvin for getting me started and others for adding to my understanding.  Questions, comments and suggestions are welcome by post or pm.  

Setup: Wireless SD Card DataTransfer to SleepyHead Software

A. Preparing the new Wireless SD card
1. Install in your computer card reader a Toshiba FlashAir III W03 16GB Wireless SD Memory Card  (PFW016U-1CCW) available from Amazon and eBay.  If available, Toshiba FlashAir III W03 8GB Wireless SD Memory Card is good.  Both are priced about $25.
2. Go to Control Panel, Folder Options, View and select “Show hidden files, folders . . .” Click Apply and OK.
3. Go to and open Computer (My Computer), select the SD’s card drive and open it.
4. Open SD_WLAN, then open the CONFIG file using Notepad.
5. Change APPMODE value from 4 to 5 and change APPNETWORKKEY value from ******** to your LAN Network Security Key (a.k.a SSID Security Key/password a.k.a. your ISP Network Key) provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
6. Add the following line items to the column: APPNAME=FlashAir, APPSSID=NNNNN, LOCK=1, DNSMODE=1, APPAUTOTIME=0, UPLOAD=1, NOISE_CANCEL=2
7. Change APPSSID value from NNNNN to your home WiFi Network’s Name.  Click File and Save.  Click File again and Exit.
8. Click the C: drive, click “New folder,” rename it SLEEPDATA and close the page.  
9. Safely remove the SD card as follows: Open Computer, right click the SD’s card drive, select Eject and remove the card.
10. Insert the SD card in your xPAP machine.  If a message appears, “Invalid SD card, erase SD card data? Yes/No?,” select Yes and press the enter button.  
11. Open SleepyHead and click File, Preferences and Import tab.  Note the “Ignore Short Sessions” Minutes on the right. Once your xPAP machine resets, put your mask on and operate your xPAP machine for at least the number of Short Sessions Minutes to record breathing test data.
12. Leave the FlashAir SD card in your xPAP machine from now on. If you inadvertently remove it or turn power off, reinitialized the card as discussed in Part E below.

B. Using FlashPAP to transfer data from xPAP/FlashAir SD to your computer/hard drive
   1. Google JAVA to download and install Free JAVA software.  Then Google Cognitial Flashpap to download and install FlashPAP.  Drag and drop FlashPAP.jar to your desktop or otherwise create a desktop shortcut.
   2. Open FlashPAP.  Click […] next to “Profile/User Name,” click “New Profile,” type in “SLEEPDATA” and click OK.  Use the down arrow and select your “xPAP Machine.”  To automatically detect and fill in the card’s “IP Address,” click […] and select “Scan Network”.  Then click “Scan network for FlashAir devices.” After the card is detected click “Use selected FlashAir.”
   3. Click […] for “Destination Folder,” select the C: drive, select SLEEPDATA and click Save.
   4. At bottom Click […] for “Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software.”  Click Desktop, scroll to and click the SleepyHead shortcut.  
   5. Click “Scan FlashAir SD card.”  Today’s date appears in “Dates found on card” if you ran the xPAP breathing test in Step A11.  Select the date and click “Copy xPAP data for selected date(s)”.  
   6. Click “Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software” and wait for SleepyHead to open automatically.

C. Using SleepyHead software
   1. In SleepyHead, select user name. Click Import, Yes and Daily to see detailed graphs of the wirelessly transferred sleep data.  
(If necessary, click Import, Specify, Computer and double-click OS ©.  Scroll down to select SLEEPDATA and click Choose.)  
   2. If other data already exists in SleepyHead for today’s date and you want to see detailed graphs of your test data by itself, use the select/deselect feature in the lower left under Cpap Sessions.

BEGIN HERE FOR TYPICAL DAILY OPERATION

D. Daily Operation
   1. Open FlashPAP and click Scan FlashAir SD card.
   2. Select new Date(s) found on card and click Copy xPAP data for selected date(s).
   3. Click Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software.  Wait while SleepyHead opens.
   4. Operate SleepyHead normally.  

E. Reinitializing the FlashAir SD card if power is interrupted or the card is inadvertently removed
    1. If power is turned off or if you remove the FlashAir card from your xPAP machine or there is a power loss, the card will need to be reinitialized.  Google FlashAir II Config Utility to download, save, install and run the FlashAir Tool from Toshiba.
    2. Follow the on-screen prompts to Initialize the card.  When instructed, safely remove the SD card as follows: Open Computer, right click the SD’s card drive, select Eject and remove the card (multiple times if prompted). When you see "Initialize succeeded,” click OK, leave the card in the card reader and close the FlashAirTool.  Perform Part A steps above.

F. Restore “hidden files”
    1. Return to Control Panel, Folder Options, View and select “Don’t show hidden files, folders . . .”  Click Apply and OK.

Notes:
    1. Save your old SD card with its stored sleep data.
    2. Save all of the above downloads in your Downloads folder for future ready access.
    3. If you need to take an SD card in for your doc to review, transfer your sleep data to a standard SD card that came with your machine.      
    4. When/if you remove the card or if power to your xPAP machine is turned off or interrupted, the card will need to be reinitialized as covered in Part E.

________
You mean every time the cpap is shut off or you lose power you have to reconfigure the Flashair card?
Post Reply Post Reply
I use DNSMODE=0 and connect to the wifi card via its IP address instead of its name.  That address changes from time to time,  if the machine is unplugged for example.  To compensate for that I check my routers address list whenever my connection fails.  So far, this method is working well and easy. I just plug in the new IP address in and I'm good to go.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dagmar,
You can use either of 2 options:
Option 1 - Set a staiic IP via the SD card:
Add this to the beginning of the CONFIG file in the SD_WLAN directory:
[WLANSD]

DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.1.150
(Use your network address here )
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0

Change the following values to the ones listed:
APPMODE=5
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
UPLOAD=1
STA_RETRY_CT=0

Option 2 - Set a reserved IP at the DHCP server
Most routers and DHCP servers allow for IP address reservation. I'm providing the Reader's Digest version. While you have established a WiFi connection with you SD card, look at the connected devices on the router. There is usually a "Reserve" or "Permanent" checkbox on each line of the MAC/IP addresses paring. Simply check the box and every time the card is connected to your network, the DHCP server will assign it this address.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the clarification, my memory was a bit faulty.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
(01-23-2017, 12:11 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Dagmar,
You can use either of 2 options:
Option 1 - Set a staiic IP via the SD card:
Add this to the beginning of the CONFIG file in the SD_WLAN directory:
[WLANSD]

DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.1.150
(Use your network address here )
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0

Change the following values to the ones listed:
APPMODE=5
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
UPLOAD=1
STA_RETRY_CT=0

Option 2 - Set a reserved IP at the DHCP server
Most routers and DHCP servers allow for IP address reservation. I'm providing the Reader's Digest version. While you have established a WiFi connection with you SD card, look at the connected devices on the router. There is usually a "Reserve" or "Permanent" checkbox on each line of the MAC/IP addresses paring. Simply check the box and every time the card is connected to your network, the DHCP server will assign it this address.

I hope this may help.

I am unable to find a "Reserve" or "Permanent" checkbox on my WNDR3400v3 setup?
Post Reply Post Reply
Taken from page 44 of the N600 Wireless Dual Band Router WNDR3400v3 User Manual
Quote:Address Reservation
When you specify a reserved IP address for a computer on the LAN, that computer always receives the same IP address each time it accesses the router’s DHCP server. Reserved IP addresses should be assigned to computers or servers that require permanent IP settings.

To reserve an IP address (Under LAN Settings):
  1. In the Address Reservation section of the screen, click the Add button.
  2. In the IP Address field, type the IP address to assign to the computer or server. (Choose an IP address from the router’s LAN subnet, such as 192.168.1.x.)
  3. Type the MAC address of the computer or server.
    Tip:  If the computer is already on your network, you can copy its MAC address from the Attached Devices screen and paste it here.
  4. Click Apply to enter the reserved address into the table. The reserved address is not assigned until the next time the computer contacts the router’s DHCP server. Reboot the computer or access its IP configuration and force a DHCP release and renew.
    To edit or delete a reserved address entry, select the radio button next to the reserved address you want to edit or delete. Then click Edit or Delete.
I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2017, 11:51 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Taken from page 44 of the N600 Wireless Dual Band Router WNDR3400v3 User Manual
Quote:Address Reservation
When you specify a reserved IP address for a computer on the LAN, that computer always receives the same IP address each time it accesses the router’s DHCP server. Reserved IP addresses should be assigned to computers or servers that require permanent IP settings.

To reserve an IP address (Under LAN Settings):
  1. In the Address Reservation section of the screen, click the Add button.
  2. In the IP Address field, type the IP address to assign to the computer or server. (Choose an IP address from the router’s LAN subnet, such as 192.168.1.x.)
  3. Type the MAC address of the computer or server.
    Tip:  If the computer is already on your network, you can copy its MAC address from the Attached Devices screen and paste it here.
  4. Click Apply to enter the reserved address into the table. The reserved address is not assigned until the next time the computer contacts the router’s DHCP server. Reboot the computer or access its IP configuration and force a DHCP release and renew.
    To edit or delete a reserved address entry, select the radio button next to the reserved address you want to edit or delete. Then click Edit or Delete.
I hope this may help.
Thank you, my problem seems to be having a senior moment, I kept forgetting to look under advanced. Another question, I have other equipment connecting without any problems when it is turned off and on, such as Printers, Tablet etc. What is different about the FlashAir
Card that a reserved IP is required?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2017, 04:45 PM)CurtRug Wrote: Thank you, my problem seems to be having a senior moment, I kept forgetting to look under advanced. Another question, I have other equipment connecting without any problems when it is turned off and on, such as Printers, Tablet etc. What is different about the FlashAir
Card that a reserved IP is required?

Unlike the FlashAir, most devices poll the server connection periodically and will renegotiate a connection if it is needed.  The FlashAir is a totally passive device. It only establishes a connection as it powers up and never polls for its existence after that. It's quite possible that if you didn't use any WiFi encryption, which I don't recommend, you wouldn't experience this inconvenience.

-Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Ref to having to reinitialise the SD card when power has been off, does this mean that FlashAir users do NOT switch their machine off at all? Otherwise one would be reinitialising the SD card everyday...
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 643 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 552 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Loaded wrong SD Card in CPAP Machine SideSleeper 6 754 03-31-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Inserting the SD Card of the old device into the replaced Philips Dreamstation Cpap deimos 9 4,504 06-24-2022, 12:13 PM
Last Post: deimos
  Best wireless SD card to Airsense 10 + Oscar? Dolla Bill 1 888 09-29-2021, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Aircurve 10 do both wireless and SD data? bemused 3 1,387 04-11-2019, 01:40 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
Idea Note: Wireless reporting not available, free data reporting using SD-card Ariyana 2 1,339 03-20-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Ariyana

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.