Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Wireless SD Card for The Rest of Us
RE: CPAP Wireless SD Card for The Rest of Us
(01-25-2017, 09:07 AM)Newbee2016 Wrote: Ref to having to reinitialise the SD card when power has been off, does this mean that FlashAir users do NOT switch their machine off at all? Otherwise one would be reinitialising the SD card everyday...

I going to try and answer your question the best as I understand it. 

The power to the SD card is constant as long as the unit is plugged in.  Using the On/Off switch has no effect on the SD's power. The SD card is reinitialized each time it is inserted in its slot or the xPAP's power is re-energized.  Basically the SD card sends a burst of information during this initialization that contains the WiFi name and password but doesn't check to see if anything as actually listening to it.  A lot of times what happens is a power fluctuation/loss can cause the router to drop all connections. The router takes a little longer to go "online" during the initialization phase than does the SD card.  This means that the SD card has already broadcasted its info before the router is ready to listen, so no connection is established. A side note is that the xPAP power supplies are so well regulated that the xPAP SD card may never see the fluctuation/loss of power, thus never re-broadcasting its info.

Holler back if I missed the question.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2017, 10:15 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 09:07 AM)Newbee2016 Wrote: Ref to having to reinitialise the SD card when power has been off, does this mean that FlashAir users do NOT switch their machine off at all? Otherwise one would be reinitialising the SD card everyday...

The power to the SD card is constant as long as the unit is plugged in.  Using the On/Off switch has no effect on the SD's power. The SD card is reinitialized each time it is inserted in its slot or the xPAP's power is re-energized.  Basically the SD card sends a burst of information during this initialization that contains the WiFi name and password but doesn't check to see if anything as actually listening to it.  A lot of times what happens is a power fluctuation/loss can cause the router to drop all connections. The router takes a little longer to go "online" during the initialization phase than does the SD card.  This means that the SD card has already broadcasted its info before the router is ready to listen, so no connection is established. A side note is that the xPAP power supplies are so well regulated that the xPAP SD card may never see the fluctuation/loss of power, thus never re-broadcasting its info.

I switch off the wall plug to my machine every morning. So this means that I would have to carry out the steps in Part E in the OP's post every night when I switch the machine back on?  But based on what you are saying, if I use the on/off switch on the machine to turn the machine off but leave the wall plug switch on, the SD is still powered?

By the way the OP's post is a very detailed and helpful guide thank you!
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2017, 10:03 AM)Newbee2016 Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 10:15 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 09:07 AM)Newbee2016 Wrote: Ref to having to reinitialise the SD card when power has been off, does this mean that FlashAir users do NOT switch their machine off at all? Otherwise one would be reinitialize the SD card everyday...

I switch off the wall plug to my machine every morning. So this means that I would have to carry out the steps in Part E in the OP's post every night when I switch the machine back on?  But based on what you are saying, if I use the on/off switch on the machine to turn the machine off but leave the wall plug switch on, the SD is still powered?

I pretty much followed Crimson Nape's option one which main change is disabling DHCP.
I can completely remove power from my cpap indefinitely and plug it back in with no loss
of connectivity and NO reinitializing of the Flashair card.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have Sleepyhead set as my exit and run. After I have downloaded to Sleepyhead is there a way I can then download to ResScan ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2017, 10:48 AM)CurtRug Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 10:03 AM)Newbee2016 Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 10:15 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I going to try and answer your question the best as I understand it. 

I pretty much followed Crimson Nape's option one which main change is disabling DHCP.
I can completely remove power from my cpap indefinitely and plug it back in with no loss
of connectivity and NO reinitializing of the Flashair card.

Gotcha! Thanks.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2017, 10:09 PM)dwd1249 Wrote: I have Sleepyhead set as my exit and run. After I have downloaded to Sleepyhead is there a way I can then download to ResScan ?

I had the same question, just got my FlashAir card today and set it up from the most excellent instructions in this thread (Thanks, Papit et al!).  What I eventually had to do was insert a spare SD card into the slot on the laptop and have Flashair transfer the data to it into it's root directory (ie - D:\, not D:\SLEEPDATA as instructed).  Rescan doesn't let you change the input folder, apparently, it looks for an input card (or a connected device) with the data. Tonight/tomorrow will test my theory.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2017, 10:15 AM)Crimson Nap Wrote:   This means that the SD card has already broadcasted its info before the router is ready to listen, so no connection is established. A side note is that the xPAP power supplies are so well regulated that the xPAP SD card may never see the fluctuation/loss of power, thus never re-broadcasting its info.

Sorry, I don't think this is correct.

If the wifi SD Card is connecting to your wifi network as a standard device (as oppose to creating its own network), then it will connect to your router when the router is available. It will reconnect when it's powered up, or when the wifi signal is lost and comes back.

The card won't push data anywhere automatically anyway, unless you put some scripts on it to do so. It will only send data when you connect to it, and requests specific files...

Basically, since I put my wifi SD card in my Resmed device, I haven't had to worry about it, and I always managed to fetch the files when required.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2017, 05:45 PM)edfreeman Wrote: What I eventually had to do was insert a spare SD card into the slot on the laptop and have Flashair transfer the data to it into it's root directory (ie - D:\, not D:\SLEEPDATA as instructed).

If you are using Windows (and Rescan requires a root level directory/drive letter), you could try to create a symbolic folder link, using the MKLINK command.
Post Reply Post Reply
FlashPAP seems to hang and timeout when transferring data to the laptop. However, I did find this, and it works perfectly:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...in-Windows
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2017, 03:56 PM)edfreeman Wrote: FlashPAP seems to hang and timeout when transferring data to the laptop.  However, I did find this, and it works perfectly:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...in-Windows

I have been using FlashPAP on Windows 10 without issues...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 644 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 554 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Loaded wrong SD Card in CPAP Machine SideSleeper 6 755 03-31-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Inserting the SD Card of the old device into the replaced Philips Dreamstation Cpap deimos 9 4,506 06-24-2022, 12:13 PM
Last Post: deimos
  Best wireless SD card to Airsense 10 + Oscar? Dolla Bill 1 889 09-29-2021, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Aircurve 10 do both wireless and SD data? bemused 3 1,388 04-11-2019, 01:40 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
Idea Note: Wireless reporting not available, free data reporting using SD-card Ariyana 2 1,339 03-20-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Ariyana

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.