Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PRS1 sponge filter popping out. The cause and the fix.
RE: PRS1 sponge filter popping out. The cause and the fix.
Thanks, all, for the info. Great folks here on this forum! Pt the logo side out last night--had to stop by my CPAP tech's shop today for a chin strap and they verified it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2015, 04:47 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: Thanks, all, for the info. Great folks here on this forum! Pt the logo side out last night--had to stop by my CPAP tech's shop today for a chin strap and they verified it.

Thank for verifing that!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2015, 04:35 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Well, I guess those of us with other than the latest mask technology Huhsign do have some benefits. I get my mask fitted once and after that I just strap it on and hit the GO button and get launched into glorious, low leak sleepdom. BananaBananaBanana

PaytonA,
You know you really want to try the P10. Big Grin Big GrinBig Grin
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After finding out the Respironics logo went on the outside, my latest white filters are generic with no logo!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2016, 09:25 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: After finding out the Respironics logo went on the outside, my latest white filters are generic with no logo!

Yes, my DME is famous for sending generic white filters, no logo on it. They seem thinner too. Sad
If I order online, I usually get the Respironics brand. Smile
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
The fuzzy side is the side that captures the incoming debris.

I find the PRS1 double-filter system far superior to the crappy ResMed S9 filters. Yes, they will stop a dust bunny, but not anything much smaller! Too-funny

Is the A10 any better?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding which side of the white disposable filter faces the BACK of the machine, I've always thought it was the softer/fuzzier side facing out. Someone here once posted that soft-touches-soft as a way to remember. I always thought that meant that the soft-fuzzier side touches the soft grey filter on the back -- and the shinny harder side faces inside the machine. I'm sure that 10% of users probably have it the other way. You'd think that they'd simply put a mark one one of the sides just to make it easy. It's another example of the Philips attitude (which a Philips rep confirmed) that the 'customer' is the DME supplier, not the end-user. I suppose GM probably listens to the Chevy dealer more than the customer. It's one of the reasons the car industry still lives high-maintenance cars instead of electric (keeps customers racing back to the dealer for regular service).
Post Reply Post Reply
Whatever filter it is, the courser side should always face the inlet. This way, the largest particles are stopped first than the smaller particles are captured further down. If the finer side is facing the incoming air, all the particles are stopped at the first layer. It does work but, effectively the filter plugs up much faster since the large and small particles collect on the surface.
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 117 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,874 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Question Popping noise from Resmed elbow Proth 1 663 09-14-2023, 09:43 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,179 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  [Equipment] cleaning the filter on a nasal mask msherman1000 3 909 06-23-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  Adding a true HEPA filter to APAP for california wild fire smoke Stom 25 5,804 03-23-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: JLRINCT

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.