Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] accetableplaintain - Thoughts on data.
accetableplaintain - Thoughts on data.
Hey everyone, 
just wanted to share my data and your expert opinion. I'm using a nasal mask with mouth taping + chin strap. Am I still having mouth leaks? Or is that maybe from leaks from my nasal mask when I was moving around and I should tighten up a bit?
My pressure is at 6.6 flat. My AHI this night was 1.1. Do you think I should increase pressure in order to lower AHI below 1? Or maybe lower pressure even a bit more and see if my therapy is still good?
Sorry for all the questions, but thank you for taking a look  Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thoughts on this data.
We really need to see the statistical data to the left of the graph area.  Please use the F12 (or Fn+F12 for a Mac) to take a screenshot.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thoughts on this data.
Sorry! Just updated the file/picture now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Whats worse? RERAs or Clear airway
Hey everyone, 
I noticed that my obstructive and hypapena events are usually very little but my clear airway and RERAs are much more. I think my clear airways are usually more than my RERAs. I read that if I lower EPR (from 2) to 1, it should lower the clear airways, but Im worried it will increase the RERAs?
Anyone know which one is worse to have or advice on what I should do?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Whats worse? RERAs or Clear airway
Please post a screen capture of the Daily page (use F12 key or View/Take screenshot) so we can see an overview of your therapy. It's difficult to answer a question like yours in the abstract.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Whats worse? RERAs or Clear airway
I would not eliminate all of one over the other.
We look for a balance between then with which you feel comfortable with neither overpowering the other.

There are always exceptions.
Post Reply Post Reply
How should I reduce my clear airways and hypopneas/RERA?
My obstructive events are usually very low but I do have CA (1-2 usually), hypopnea (0.14 -0.8 usually), and RERA (0-0.8 usually). My CPAP pressure is set 6.8, with EPR2.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How should I reduce my clear airways and hypopneas/RERA?
To give anything but a guess we need your Oscar data. Download Oscar free from the top of
The site.

In my signature is a link to how to do charts and in that link is information on Oscar.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How should I reduce my clear airways and hypopneas/RERA?
If the CAs are CO2/treatment-emergent then reducing EPR to 1 or off should help. But that can increase mask leaks and RERA. So it's a balancing act on how you feel and what gives you the best rest.

Also, to aid in getting more accurate answers from the folks here, you should be only having 1 treatment thread. Any time you have another question regarding your data just put another reply on that thread. This keeps all your history together and makes it easier to see what you've already tried and had success or failed with.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,740 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,502 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  some thoughts after a few weeks? ifsmithy 39 1,561 12-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 2 830 12-17-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: stargazing
  Thoughts on my data (after double jaw surgery) accetableplaintain 2 417 11-27-2023, 06:30 AM
Last Post: accetableplaintain
  New mask, thoughts on my sleep data? SleepyMcDonald 1 400 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Anyone seen it/tried it? Thoughts. David Clark 6 732 06-16-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.