Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] advice
advice
Can anyone please give me some advice how to handle the house at night? Seems to interrupt with my sleep
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: advice
Your house is interrupting your sleep? In what way?

Welcome
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I usually just sleep in the house and don't worry about actively managing it overnight. So far, it has not gotten out of control while I'm asleep.

OMyMyOHellYes
Post Reply Post Reply
If you mean hose, I advise tacking it up over your head to the wall or get a hose hanger. Once it is out of the way of your arms and body, you can roll, toss and turn to your heart's content.

If you do mean house, then I suggest hitting it on the nose with a rolled up newspaper and say "Bad House, Bad House!".

If you mean Greg House, M.D., then you are screwed simply from knowing him. Nothing can deter him.
Post Reply Post Reply
And here I thought you didn't have a sense of humor, Doc!! Whistle
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I second DocWils advice about hose routing. Let us know which mask you're using. Some have the option of routing the hose up towards your forehead where it can attach with a strap to the top of your head, and from there up and over the head board.

This was the key for me because I toss and turn a lot in my sleep.

Or rather, I used to. It's amazing how the human body can adapt to something as strange as CPAP therapy. After a few months I rarely even notice the hose, but it used to be in my way all night. Some people make this adjustment quickly, but it's been almost 20 months for me and it's getting to the point where that strange contraption is just part of a normal night's sleep.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I attach the hose to the head band byway of two plant holding rings, and from there it goes up the wall to the wall clip. to keep the intake joint from swing down when I sleep on my side, I have taped it a bit with scotch tape (is there irish tape too?) to keep the joint from moving freely. A bit jury rigged, but when I get time, i will run something better up on the 3D printer. I just never get the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought one of those flexible hose stands with the base that slips between the mattress and box springs....helped me out a bunch as far as wrapping it around my head or pulling mask off and waking me up while moving around..was only $26 shipped...
I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,783 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 786 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.