Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP after COVID
CPAP after COVID
Hi 

Back in November I got covid and I have really recovered. As of late I have seemed to be very short of breath doing general things.

I suspect part of my issues are to do with coughing overnight and humidity with my machine. Has anyone else had these problems?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP after COVID
I think that general shortness of breath after Covid is a fairly common problem, even among people who had no prior health concerns. I did not experience this either of the times I had Covid, but my wife did -- quite badly the first time. Unlike me, she's very fit and was in perfect health. For a month she was almost unable to leave the house.

I can see why there might be an interaction between Covid and CPAP, but problems of the kind you describe are, sadly, fairly common.

I'd be interested to know what connection you think there might be between your recovery and your use of CPAP.

Best wishes, DS
Post Reply Post Reply
That's generally my experience with 'flu or respiratory infections. I can be left with low energy for a week or two after 'recovery' and a lingering cough for anything up to six weeks. The only time I don't use my APAP is when the snots are so bad the air pressure makes it hard to breathe. Once the air can make it past the goo, I'm back on the machine. I don't feel it helps or hinders recovery.
Post Reply Post Reply
Shortness of breath while doing things while awake is unlikely to have anything to do with CPAP/night breathing. It is more likely related to either lung or heart function.
Post Reply Post Reply
Geer1 mentioned what I was thinking.  Has your doctor checked your heart and lung functions?  There might be some medical help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Covid Induced CA (Potentially) + UARS, Looking for Help with ASV Settings zfaulk 25 2,294 04-02-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: subconscious
Sad Higher AHI after Covid Recovery - Oscar Data amfar33 3 385 01-12-2024, 12:17 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Health] AHI Increased - Covid Positive amfar33 2 443 12-27-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Covid/paxlovid/and CAs Dave7777 6 739 08-08-2023, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Dave7777
  CPAP and LONG COVID Fred N 5 683 04-24-2023, 12:45 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  cpap & covid cberistain 4 657 03-18-2023, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is in-lab titration study needed for higher-risk patient who wants to avoid COVID? DevinJones 19 1,486 03-11-2023, 07:37 PM
Last Post: DevinJones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.