Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP and Breakfast
CPAP and Breakfast
[parts of this thread copied from old forum]
..................................................................................................
zonk wrote:
Lately for some reason started to wake up feeling a bit hungry which is unusual for me to have breakfast in the morning
did any body else notice that since starting CPAP therapy Coffee
...................................................................................................
tombarelybreathing wrote:
I noticed that I'm hungry in the morning now too. I have never been a breakfast person either but now it seems that I'm turning into one. Actually it's probably a good thing because it's supposed to speed up your metabolism and help lose weight.

Coffee
..................................................................................................
Steven wrote:
Don't tell me you ate your APAP !
Just kidding !
Seriously though Zonk, I have been on straight CPAP for 12+ years now & I have never noticed that.
.................................................................................................
johnomg wrote:
Hi All,

Nope no change in Breakfast Habits here, although I now have something to eat at night around 10pm to 11pm.

Cheers
John
..............................................................................................

zimlich wrote:
I eat brunch. Perhaps I should start eating breakfast and see if it improves my sense of well being. I try to have a cup of coffee in the morning, but with a new puppy who needs walking first thing my routine is upset. Come to think of it I don't see how I could fit breakfast in with the puppy... Good thing it wasn't part of my routine.
.............................................................................................
snowepin wrote:
I always eat every morning but the same thing just happen, nothing changes with my condition. Are you sure about eating breakfast? what do you for breakfast that you notice it?
...............................................................................................
Zombie wrote:
have just started using cpap machine (3 nights). I never used to be hungry for at least 3 hours after waking up. The last three mornings I have been hungry and eaten breakfast shortly after waking up!
............................................................................................

weeble wrote:
Yep, me too, not a breakfast eater but the past few days I've eaten about an hour after I get up coz I'm starving!!
............................................................................................

carosan wrote:
Hey zonk....yeah I have had exactly the same thing! I wake up really hungry now whereas b4 I often woke up seedy. I guess sleep apnea
is like having a big night on the booze but without all the fun!!! Oh-jeez

...actually my appetite as a whole has improved, which is maybe not such a good thing as am trying to drop some kilos! Dont-know

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP and Breakfast
always eat breakfast. cpap had no effect on eating breakfast.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.