Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP and Bronchitis Don't Mix!
RE: CPAP and Bronchitis Don't Mix!
I stopped having bronchitis after i had my tonsils cut. Before that usually every 2 months.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know this is an old post but I had chronic bronchitis too! Bronchitis resolves on its own in a week or two as they (Mayo Clinic) say. Faster with antibiotics. After a few times of this month long choking I sterilized my CPAP mask etc with hot water and dish detergent and wola, much better now!   I may try to run my CPAP machine with few a few drops of esssential oil in the humidifier water to kill whatever is inside of the CPAP machine too!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 03:25 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: When I am sick, it is my go to.  And I do exactly what you do.  If you have teeth, better get the sugar free or else your teeth will rot out of your head! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2019, 07:57 PM)snorer2018 Wrote: I know this is an old post but I had chronic bronchitis too! Bronchitis resolves on its own in a week or two as they (Mayo Clinic) say. Faster with antibiotics. After a few times of this month long choking I sterilized my CPAP mask etc with hot water and dish detergent and wola, much better now!   I may try to run my CPAP machine with few a few drops of esssential oil in the humidifier water to kill whatever is inside of the CPAP machine too!

Essential oils should not be added to the humidifier water. Instead, apply a few drops to a cotton ball and place that near the intake.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 11:29 PM)krelvin Wrote: My experience over the past 9 years is that CPAP helps me when I am sick, in fact I seek it out, try to get more sleep etc.   Different results for different folks.  BTW I use a FFM perhaps a difference?

Never had bronchitis, but my colds became less severe, quicker recovery and infrequent after I started CPAP. It was quite a contrast to my before-CPAP days.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.