Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP and Eye Irritation
RE: CPAP and Eye Irritation
thanks for opening this old thread, I have been having dry eye issues for a while with the P10, and did not like the idea of a FF mask. I will get the Systene drops and ointment tomorrow. I definitely have the side sleeper air getting in my eyes....
ThanksThanks

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the Rio mask last night with Systane drops during the day and it appears things are getting a little better. The Rio (a P10 knockoff nasal pillows mask) vents down away from face. Storywizard - let us know how you make out.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Continuing this thread because I believe many of us have this issue or will develop it. I finally tried the new Eyeseals 4.0 goggles. Definitely an improvement. They create a moisture rich environment for the eyes and keep the rebound air or the direct air from P10 or Dreamwear exhaust from hitting the eyes. However, even though the problem has improved it is not a 100% cure if you will. I still have some irritation, although much less than before, from one eye. I now suspect some sort of nasolacrimal duct issue caused by xpap usage. I haven't tried the nighttime gel yet so will try that. I'm not interested in tear duct surgery or a punctal plug. (A punctal plug, also known as tear duct plug or lacrimal plug, is a small medical device that is inserted into the tear duct (puncta) of an eye to block the duct. This prevents the drainage of liquid from the eye. They are used to treat dry eye. Artificial tears are usually still required after punctal plug insertion.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctal_plug

Anyone try something else or have different ideas?
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The EyeSeals product does help in creating moisture around the eye area.  
I don't use them to often because they make me feel claustrophobic.  It doesn't take much to make me feel that way.  Bag-head

I still use Systene Eye drops when I wake up, and the eye ointment or gel at night.  

One thing though, I've always had a dry eye problem, even before Cpap use.  Now, I just have to be extra careful about air blowing in my eyes.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get the claustrophobia part. I'm getting used to it. Trying the gel tonight without the goggles. Would prefer to go goggle less over time if I can get the gel to work for me.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply
Two nights with the Systane nighttime gel sans the goggles. So far so good. May this please be a long-term solution.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply
My hopes are with you.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Payton! Much appreciated.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 463 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg
  Nose/Nosering Irritation Braven05 8 624 12-18-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 3 662 12-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Nose irritation with nasal pillows (p10) Jobaaayyy 10 985 10-24-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Jobaaayyy
  [Equipment] Dreamwear mask irritation on nose septum Dean Harman 10 6,012 03-11-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Cc1263
  Skin irritation with Evora full face mask misajon 0 767 02-02-2023, 01:11 PM
Last Post: misajon
  Burning irritation from head gear Xltrod 0 438 10-13-2022, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Xltrod

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.