Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP and FitBit Conflicting Wireless Usage
RE: CPAP and FitBit Conflicting Wireless Usage
(05-31-2017, 05:04 PM)TASmart Wrote: Health Effects of Bluetooth:

http://www.livescience.com/56027-bluetoo...one-7.html

Let's hope so. I'm skeptical about everything until long term data is compiled and there is proof of no evidence of damage. I think it's too soon to tell.  It would be a good dissertation for a doctoral candidate in the years to come.
Post Reply Post Reply
In order to be funny here I am going to say you will be fine whether you like it or not :-)

I am old enough to have seen a lot of these correlation is causation scares in my life.
Do you remember power line cancer and those lawsuits?
Same thing.
My science, statistics, and general knowledge and experience tell me this stuff is
a lot of hot air over nothing.
My oldest son is a cancer researcher at UCLA.
He doesn't believe it either and has access to a lot of very informed opinions about the subject.
(He is the black sheep of the family, I am an oilman.)

You have the same chance of getting cancer from pickles as you do from RF from cell phones.
Time will take care of this one, we'll all be fine. If humans were that fragile we wouldn't be here.

At that point we can move on to the next health scare.
Maybe they can pick one that's more exciting next time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2017, 07:56 PM)personal111 Wrote: In order to be funny here I am going to say you will be fine whether you like it or not :-)

I am old enough to have seen a lot of these correlation is causation scares in my life.
Do you remember power line cancer and those lawsuits?
Same thing.
My science, statistics, and general knowledge and experience tell me this stuff is
a lot of hot air over nothing.
My oldest son is a cancer researcher at UCLA.
He doesn't believe it either and has access to a lot of very informed opinions about the subject.
(He is the black sheep of the family, I am an oilman.)

You have the same chance of getting cancer from pickles as you do from RF from cell phones.
Time will take care of this one, we'll all be fine. If humans were that fragile we wouldn't be here.

At that point we can move on to the next health scare.
Maybe they can pick one that's more exciting next time.

I'm laughing. You are probably right. I'm a cancer survivor and went through a lot of treatment (radiation, chemo, subsequent surgeries) so these things are always worrisome to me. I wish there were more good oilmen around. Your son picked up good genes and they came from you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use my Airsense 10 machine every night, and my Fitbit Charge 2 band every night, and never had any issues.

The Fitbit device is using bluetooth, while the ResMed device is using GSM/Cell/3G to send data. I can't really see how the two could conflict/interfere...
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2017, 02:49 PM)tedgreen Wrote: I use my Airsense 10 machine every night, and my Fitbit Charge 2 band every night, and never had any issues.

The Fitbit device is using bluetooth, while the ResMed device is using GSM/Cell/3G to send data. I can't really see how the two could conflict/interfere...

Well, I had a problem with the two together and it didn't go away until I gave up the FitBit. I ain't lying.  There are other documented cases out there, too. Glad that it worked out for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2017, 04:15 PM)Zhash Wrote: There are other documented cases out there, too.

Which ones?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2017, 11:23 PM)tedgreen Wrote:
(06-01-2017, 04:15 PM)Zhash Wrote: There are other documented cases out there, too.

Which ones?

It is documented in the Fitbit Community Blog.  Here is one thread but there are others that include the CPAP.  It could be coincidental but there are issues with the FitBit Heart Rate Monitor and arm pain.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-H...-p/1235217

http://www.bostonscientific.com/content/..._Guide.pdf

There are many other documents. You have to look it up on your browser.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to hear you having to do that, I know one person in that situation and it doesn't look like it's very pleasant. Hopefully my son and his crew will be able to make a big dent in all that.

Technology has always been scary, especially something that we can not observe directly.
It's nice if we can assign something like rf to blame because it's easy and we can then act like we are doing something about it. It's just human nature.

Unfortunately for now I am sure the reality of these health problems is far more complex, but like all the patterns in nature, will look simple once someone figures it out.
We thought decoding DNA was the holy grail but in essence it's barely scratching the surface.

Stay cancer free!
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree that there are many blogs/articles on Fitbit use causing arm pain in some people,
but unable to find any documentation on a Fitbit and Cpap use interfering with each other.

If there is such documentation, could you post it here?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2017, 08:26 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I agree that there are many blogs/articles on Fitbit use causing arm pain in some people,
but unable to find any documentation on a Fitbit and Cpap use interfering with each other.

If there is such documentation, could you post it here?

I'm a little busy today. Leaving the house soon. As soon as I have at least an hour to look it up, I will.  Thanks for caring.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 906 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 628 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Extreme Anxiety during day after CPAP usage...something physiological? gohoos1998 9 718 12-29-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Leedsunited92
  [CPAP] Need some help if possible - sudden change in response from 4hrs to 1.5hrs usage OverflowingJoyEntity 6 489 11-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: OverflowingJoyEntity
  Conflicting results from PSG and Dreammapper csl1 9 616 09-01-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: csl1
  Oscar wireless to my pc? Or iPhone app? Dolla Bill 3 662 08-26-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Incorrect usage report Resmed Airsense 11 hydra 0 703 07-06-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: hydra

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.