Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure increase when Mask fit feature is used.
Pressure increase when Mask fit feature is used.
When have my mask on and the machine running and turn on the mask check feature the pressure zooms up and it is a bit uncomfortable.
Is this normal? I do not use ramp and my starting night pressure is 6 and by morning it is up to 8 or 9.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure increase when Mask fit feature is used.
The mask-fit pressure on Autoset (newer machines, not mine) based on 95th percentile pressure of the previous night or 10 whichever is greater

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lukie,
I think the mask fit feature gose up to a higher pressure as you are trying to fit your mask but if I'm not mistaken, the machine returns to a lower pressure in 3 minutes. I haven't used that feature in quite a while.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It is kind of disconcerting to a new user. You put your mask on without ramp and want to check mask fit and whoosh a blast of air much higher than one's start pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it can be disconcerting when you aren't used to it or expecting it, that's for sure.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2013, 07:23 PM)Lukie Wrote: It is kind of disconcerting to a new user. You put your mask on without ramp and want to check mask fit and whoosh a blast of air much higher than one's start pressure.
It allows you adjust mask fit (cushion and headgear) at typical treatment pressure rather than at start pressure which is low if using APAP mode. On the other hand if mask fit is good at the lower start pressure than might spring a leak or two as pressure increases, its better to persevere a bit at the start and later collect the dividend in the form of better mask fit and sleep quality.
It goes for 3 minutes but you can terminate sooner pressing the push dial

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 4 77 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 154 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 22 1,266 02-25-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: mallowsweet
  [Pressure] More tired after pressure increase EndarSpire 8 431 02-09-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Do mask types affect xpaps rise in eye pressure? Happyeyes 4 363 01-12-2024, 10:05 AM
  [Pressure] DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase Tom Buck 6 406 01-06-2024, 09:09 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.