Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] My First Night. One question & your thoughts
My First Night. One question & your thoughts
[attachment=1531]

Hello all. First thank you all for this board and the information you have provided.

With your help and some research I upgraded my machine to PRS1 Auto Flex (550)(I previously had used the Remstar Plus M Series C Flex). I was able to find a used one with about 500 hours on it for $150. My original setting (7yrs ago) was 8 cm/H20. I am about 25 lbs heavier now. BMI is 32

So... last night was my first shot at this. After cleaning the machine, I set the machine as shown above. I chose 6 min and 14 max, as an estimate base on information I had read, as well as my original number years back. It looks like it was a pretty good night (your comments would be appreciated).

It did take a while for me to fall asleep. That is unusual for me, as I generally am out 5 min after I hit the pillow. I am assuming just the (re)newness of having the headgear/pillows had a bit to do with it. I did wake up for a few hours during the night. I think it was around 1:30 or 2am until around 3:30 or 4am. (I am sure there is a way to tell, based on the graphs). Waking up during the night has not been that uncommon for me, especially if I go to sleep early. While I was awake, I did adjust the nose pillows once (pulled them away from my nose).

This morning I did feel a little foggy, and actually still do, after a few hours of being awake.

So.. my 2 questions:
1) Do you see any reason why I could not raise the min number to 7 or 7.5?
2) On the data card, which file / files would I erase, to rid the card of the previous owners data. I dnk if the answer is all of them, and then the machine will rewrite what it needs, or if there is a specific data file.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Please give your opinions, questions or concerns. This is obviously my first shot at SleepyHead, and your guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My First Night. One question & your thoughts
To be sure you eliminate all of the existing patient files, simply format the SD card to FAT 32. The machine will recognize it as a new card. Before putting it in the machine, you need to erase all existing therapy data. Turn dial to setup and push both the control dial and ramp button until you hear two beeps. Now dial INFO and look for the reset data option.

Once the data is reset you can exit and insert the SD card. Now if you want to change the settings, go back into clinical menu, setup and change the pressures. This will write new data to the card.

It's fine to increase your minimum pressure. Once you collect a few nights of data, we can take a look at what your results are, and if adjustments are needed, I generally like to set the minimum pressure between the median and 90% pressure, and add 5 or more for maximum pressure. The machine will only go up as much as necessary, but will "trial" +2.0 cm above whatever pressure it is at about every 10 minutes. Eventually you may choose to narrow the range.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My First Night. One question & your thoughts
Just a quick add, to reset the therapy hours when you reset the data. You will also see machine hours in this menu if you want to verify the actual hours of use the machine has had as opposed to resettable therapy hours.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Basic question after night #1 Jskier 33 2,146 01-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,747 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,506 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  some thoughts after a few weeks? ifsmithy 39 1,567 12-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 2 832 12-17-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: stargazing
  Thoughts on my data (after double jaw surgery) accetableplaintain 2 420 11-27-2023, 06:30 AM
Last Post: accetableplaintain
  New mask, thoughts on my sleep data? SleepyMcDonald 1 401 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.