Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP and pitting edema (fluid retention)
RE: CPAP and pitting edema (fluid retention)
What srlevine1 said... Edema is one of the things which shows up as the kidneys begin to fail, or with diabetes - hence the 'diabetes socks'. The progression of kidney failure (chronic kidney disease) can be slowed if attended to early. Have you had your creatinine levels checked? My nephrologist didn't enlighten me for a long time; he thought my GP had told me.

Sorry to go off topic; I wish I could find a CKD forum as good as this one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been on my cpap for 4 nights now and have the same problem except that my swelling is everywhere. I can hardly get a breath sometimes. My morning weight jumped 7 pounds from one day to the next. Very uncomfortable!
Post Reply Post Reply
Advise you to consult your doctor.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2016, 05:11 PM)DariaVader Wrote: The EPR setting helps, unless my pressure raises for other reasons, in which case it is not enough. I am seriously considering bilevel, and will be discussing it at my next appointment - which will be with a new doc, hopefully next month. My old doc left the practice for greener pastures somewhere... I really hope the new one is as amenable to the idea as he was.

Hello DariaVader,
I am new to the forum, I have new onset moderate pitting edema since began with my CPAP 1 month ago... - as your post was 1 year ago - did you meet with resolution? If so, would you kindly share on that? Thank you!

PS I am not seeking medical advice from this forum, as multiple posts offer warning on...I am simply interested in hearing of successes dealing with this issue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soft Cervical Collar and Heat Retention Columbiabill 3 371 01-21-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Bilateral periorbital edema Ital Thai 2 471 11-23-2023, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Ital Thai
  CPAP therapy and cerebrospinal fluid leak BobbieM 6 1,002 05-22-2022, 07:21 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  affects of fluid in eustation tubes and ears affecting AHI silversnore 4 858 03-19-2021, 08:50 PM
Last Post: hegel
  [Equipment] Question re: Settings retention after Firmware Update for DreamStation Auto CPAP Rxsamg 2 1,192 03-28-2020, 12:28 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Grin CPAP and water retention? Dooley 10 11,186 07-25-2019, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Dooley
  Can using a CPap/BiPap cause water retention? LookingForward 3 2,610 02-25-2019, 04:36 AM
Last Post: ardenum

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.