Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP and sensory processing disorder
RE: CPAP and sensory processing disorder
I have some sensory stuff, my DS has the full DX. I use the Swift FX. It drove me crazy at first due to the sensory stuff. The biggest thing for me was making a firm choice when I started this that I would not sleep without the APAP. I knew I would have a hard time and still occasionally do, but the harm it causes me if I don't use APAP, is just not OK.
In the beginning, I put everything on and watched TV for a while with it on until I couldn't stay awake any longer. Yes, I woke up several times a night at first feeling irritated and suffocated. I only took things off to go to the bathroom. I went to the bathroom a lot, LOL. But, it did get easier and I only occasionally wake up with it driving me crazy.
DS has his sleep study next month, he's 13. I hope he doesn't need APAP, but with our family history, most likely he will. We've been talking about why I have to wear my mask. Hopefully, it will help.
Don't give up, your health is too important.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  REM Sleep Disorder Johnboy 0 512 09-09-2020, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Johnboy
  REM Sleep Behaviour Disorder Davidacarrick 5 1,039 11-04-2019, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Davidacarrick
  [News] Expectant Father Dies in Crash; Family Blames Sleep Disorder ApneaNews 21 7,221 03-31-2018, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Catathrenia: a different kind of sleep disorder treated with xPAP HalfAsleep 2 1,847 01-31-2018, 12:58 AM
Last Post: kiwii
  Sleep Disorder Text books or Literature doickle 2 1,204 02-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Amara View - Straps Aggravate TMJ Disorder oldbushie 4 1,822 12-17-2016, 09:19 AM
Last Post: oldbushie
  What is "Clear Airway" it's not in the sleep disorder glossery Tiercel 8 2,451 06-22-2016, 08:29 PM
Last Post: richb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.