Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP and the Great Outdoors
RE: CPAP and the Great Outdoors
Just wanted to thank all the responders to my original question. Won't need a decision until May, but I will probably do at least one weekend sans CPAP as sort of a test. The we will see. Happy sleeping! -twl
Post Reply Post Reply
If someone already suggested this, I missed it. There is an item called Provent which, as far as I can tell, works by black magic or something! Smile It has something to do with raising the airway pressure by partially obstructing the exhale at the nostril. It is an RX object, but if you talk to your doc and let him know what you are planning maybe you can get him to write you a trial for them and you can give them a shot and see if they help you enough to go off your machine for a bit with little or no negative consequences. You can Google Provent and see what it is. I am not giving this product my endorsement or my criticism, I have never used them and I really have no idea, but supposedly some docs have prescribed these for patients in lieu of a CPAP.
Good luck!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2014, 02:11 PM)mjbearit Wrote: If someone already suggested this, I missed it.
You've been missed, good to see you back Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2014, 02:18 PM)zonk Wrote:
(02-23-2014, 02:11 PM)mjbearit Wrote: If someone already suggested this, I missed it.
You've been missed, good to see you back Coffee

It's been a long couple of years! Smile
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moving From RM S9 to Airsense10 -- Great Discomfort hypnos 3 409 11-10-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  2 Months In, Waking hourly, but Oscar looks great (I think), what gives? SleepyEv 0 533 05-25-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: SleepyEv
  Started off great but now struggling logcuttertx 1 421 05-22-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Switched to ASV - AHI is great, but still feel like I'm not sleeping well Sassbeek 35 3,078 03-20-2023, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sassbeek
  Not sleeping as great as used to kemeky 12 978 12-11-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: kemeky
  Resmed A10 Autoset - Great Buy - Supplier 1 foss 0 515 11-29-2022, 05:11 PM
Last Post: foss
  [OXIMETER] Great deals withtao 0 497 11-27-2022, 11:20 AM
Last Post: withtao

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.