Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] anoying beep
anoying beep
How do you turn off the beep when auto on turns on and when you manually turn Cpap off. Using the PR System One Auto A flex.. Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: anoying beep
Hi ttfespe Welcome to the forum
How do you turn off the beep when auto on turns on and when you manually turn Cpap off. Using the PR System One Auto A flex.. Thanks in advance

I dont know the answer to your question but hang loose someone that knows about your machine will be along to help you.
Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ttfespe, WELCOME! to the forum.! I don't know how you turn the beep off on your machine but there will be someone on the forum who does know how, so hang in there.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think the beep is turn-off-able. We regularly get folks asking about it. Some find it very annoying, others no longer notice it or never did.

I did a quick Google search and got the same results (as in folks either hate it or don't notice it). One forum had a link to how to open the machine and cut the wire to the speaker. I think that is over kill since this machine basically does a LOT of error communication via beeping. Which makes me wonder how people who are hard-of-hearing or deaf know that something is up?

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Later versions of PRS1 firmware have a "silent" mode that turns the beeps off. It's "silent mode" or something similar in the clinician's manual. It's only in some versions of the firmware, but I don't know the numbers.

I think the machine will show version numbers when it first turns on after unplugging the power.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2012, 11:33 AM)ttfespe Wrote: How do you turn off the beep when auto on turns on and when you manually turn Cpap off. Using the PR System One Auto A flex.. Thanks in advance

Hey ttfespe,
I also use a PRS1 Auto and I have nothing in the setup menu on my machine to turn of the beep. The only option even close to that is to turn on or off a warning for Large Leaks. In all honesty that is not something that has ever bother me or my wife so I have not done much research into it. Good luck in your search.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey ttfespa.. I also have the PS one and I don;t think that there is a way to turn off the ""beep"". It doesn't seem to bother anybody in my house a bit. At least I haven't heard any complaints.

As Archangle said, I think that the latest models MAY have a selection in their setup mode to kill it..
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe all the PRS1 Model 60 machines have a silent mode option.

Some of the non-model 60 PRS1 machines have silent mode.

Go into clinician mode and look.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] AirSense 10 beep or ding sound Baklash 0 512 07-30-2023, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Baklash
  Why do machines not have option to beep, when leaking? MyronH 9 2,396 10-07-2018, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  [Equipment] Does the A10 Beep? Sleepster 9 5,566 01-23-2018, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Make the Beep stop?! quickerNu 1 1,498 01-30-2017, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Annoying on/off beep on Respironics BIPAP S/T C series rcattell 8 6,121 11-06-2016, 12:07 PM
Last Post: rcattell
  Respironics System One A-Flex, blower won’t start, Beep Beep Alarm, “Service Required rae95131 4 9,144 07-05-2016, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  Does The S9 Beep? JimZZZ 18 6,504 07-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Last Post: JimZZZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.