Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP carry-on case and flying question?
RE: CPAP carry-on case and flying question...?
One roller bag is OK, two at once becomes a problem for me as they need steering and in busy airport concourses this can be an issue. I have a backpack which also has roller wheels. It's large enough for me to put my BiPAP machine into (plus mask and hose) even if I don't need it for the flight. They go into the biggest compartment of my backpack in a ziplock bag. This way I can easily remove it for security screening. (The BiPAP bag goes into my checked luggage). The other compartments of this backpack can take a laptop and an iPad. It has further compartments for other smaller items such as my in ear monitors, etc. It has been very well designed and served me brilliantly last time I traveled overseas. What I like about is that I can wear it on my shoulders and then turn it into a roller bag. I'm not allowed to mention the brand but PM me if you want to know which one it is. The one caveat is that it is not cheap.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am with you, I would rather pay for a single item than have to juggle multiple bags. I can't believe TSA would care but if they ask, just tell them you wanted to only have to deal with one carry-on. Good luck finding a suitable bag!
Post Reply Post Reply
As member Holden said:  "One roller bag is OK, two at once becomes a problem for me as they need steering and in busy airport concourses this can be an issue,"  I am trying to accomplish just what he said.  But if I play it right, I could place the single combo bag atop my regular checked luggage strapped to the larger one's handle just to get from cab to check-in and then separate the single carry-on.

Groggy reiterated my task:  " just tell them you wanted to only have to deal with one carry-on. Good luck finding a suitable bag! "

Your spot-on reply speaks logically, but remember, we are dealing with TSA agents who do not necessarily posses that trait. 
As far as my search goes, I was thinking of a wheeled Mobile Office or catalog case  to carry my Mobile Workstation laptop  ...and place the CPAC inside it.

I would hope this to work as long as dimensions are within airline maximum specification dimensions for carry-on items.  I would hate to get to the plane to then be told it is too big and then needs to be placed in the belly.  I have had that happen with luggage before and do not mind the field desision and I am OK with those items going in stowage... I do not want the pre-board, at-the plane's-door decision to place either computer or CPAP under the plane.

(I hope the images below do not break this sites Rules... I show them for context of the conversation, and while a specific to a well-known luggage manufacturer I am not going to hint at its name nor link to their website... its intent is generic in principle.  But please delete if inappropriate.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry folks, not sure what happened on the above post.  I notified a Moderator to clean up that  schmutz.  I was trying to post images of a wheeled Mobile Office or catalog case that might be able to use as a laptop and CPAP transporter:
[attachment=7516][attachment=7517]
Post Reply Post Reply
...and I thought my backpack was good....
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a real nice case . Can you share make and model please? I'm assuming that case fills your need.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2018, 03:43 AM)holden4th Wrote: ...and I thought my backpack was good....

I know a lot of folks like 'em, but it is not my style.  I usually travel with a cowbo hat, boots and a nice tweed jacket... backpacks might not fit the look.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2018, 10:55 AM)S.L. Ping Beauty Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 03:43 AM)holden4th Wrote: ...and I thought my backpack was good....

I know a lot of folks like 'em, but it is not my style.  I usually travel with a cowbo hat, boots and a nice tweed jacket... backpacks might not fit the look.

Smile May I suggest a hubcap sized belt buckle with your initials on it to finish the outfit?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2018, 08:57 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: That's a real nice case . Can you share make and model please? I'm assuming that case fills your need.

Dave,  I am not sure if forum rules allow me to disclose that (I should know the rules but am playing it safe so I do not link something that is verboten.) 

But.... if you look at the website for that Irish luggage manufacturer... "Sam S. O'nite"  you might find the models that I am considering.
Post Reply Post Reply
agreed. I'd never check a CPAP. some airlines do not count your CPAP machine as a carry on item if it's carried in its own case or bag. so I can take a bag for the overhead bin, a backpack under the seat and the 3rd can be the CPAP and I wouldn't have to pay to check it because it's medical equipment. obviously not all countries are familiar with CPAP machines so you might have to label your case.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 warranty case labrat 3 230 03-21-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 1,008 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 317 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 522 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 1,028 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  UPS Battery Backup for CPAP in case of power outage puterwiz82 3 1,791 09-04-2023, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Br1sleep
  How do I make the case for BPAP? SleepingFish 18 1,347 08-29-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.