Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] carrying cpap machine on eva air
carrying cpap machine on eva air
hi I am new to the forum, my question is I am travelling to Vietnam in two month time ( August) for a home vacation. what do I need to do bring my CPAP any info will great help. Thank you ahead for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: carrying cpap machine on eva air
I don't know about that specific airline.

Here are some general rules:
Carry On your CPAP machine; it should not be counted by the airline as a carry-on because it is a medical device.
You might consider labeling the case "Medical Device" in both English and Vietnamese.
I recommend you carry a copy of your prescription for VN customs to look at.
If departing from the USA, TSA may open and examine the equipment. You have a right to politely request they put on new gloves.

Consider bringing a few spare items if you can pack them in.

Where will you fly into? HCM or Hanoi?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you for all the info. yes I am going to HCM city.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2016, 12:54 PM)justMongo Wrote: Here are some general rules:
Carry On your CPAP machine; it should not be counted by the airline as a carry-on because it is a medical device.

This is true in the USA, but may not be true in other countries. IIRC we had someone on the forum who mentioned international differences in the way medical devices are treated. I would contact the airline if it were me. Get names, dates, written instructions.... print them and have them in the side pocket of the carry case along with relevant prescriptions including cpap.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you will do just that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Google: "Special Assistance - EVA Air | America"
Should show that you are good to go.

Now, when you arrive in HCM City, are you then going to fly Vietnam Airlines to another destination such as Da nang?
They may have different rules.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
yes I will be going to Da Nang but I have been advise not to bring it with me on that trip, but since is a 3 night and 4 day trip. I think I will be okay.
Post Reply Post Reply
Power Plug adapters. The machine will work on 110 to 240 volt, 50 or 60 herz current, but you need to be able plug it in (can always strip down to bare wires, but not recommended). Do not know the length of the flight and if you plan to use it on the plane - check to see if the type aircraft/class has power outlets. If not consider a battery pack, which depending where you are going in country, you may want anyway.
One of the suppliers on the lists here had a neat little baggage tag that could be attached to your case giving the info that the airline/TSA like to see. Not needed, just looked official. Can't remember which one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a my own cpap extenal battery supply, and this battery will last for 20 hour of battery supply if fully charge, but I think I will not be using the cpap on the plane.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi damian0.06,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
I hope your vacation gose well.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 87 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 305 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 624 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,728 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 366 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
  [CPAP] Newby not sure if CPAP is the right machine for me tcinoz 24 1,291 02-13-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: tcinoz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.