Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP causing daytime anxiety
CPAP causing daytime anxiety
Hi Guys, 

Been on Cpap for 2 months now. AHI is down to 1.5 from 12-14. This is due to this forum and some of the recommendations I received (sleep position, cervical collar, Oscar). I feel a little better, memory and fatigue wise, but nothing too miracolous but I'm going to stay patient. 

One problem I have is daytime anxiety. I know people might say it's unrelated but nothing else has changed in my routine. I get it the moment I wake up and it's pretty brutal and it remains throughout the day. 

Has anyone else experienced this? I was thinking of lowering my pressure setting today to see if that helps. Currently my pressure setting is 9-15 but I consistely stay in the 9-10 range. Do you think that could help? Maybe the pressure is too high for me since I made the adjustments suggested by this forum and need a lower pressure?  

Please advise. I'm really struggling and can't see any other reason for my anxiety.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: CPAP causing daytime anxiety
Are you feeling more rested once you do wake up, about the same, or worse? 

When you say anxiety, what exactly are you experiencing?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP causing daytime anxiety
I wake up with an immediate sense of nervousness and perceived elevated heart rate (but it's actually normal because I have a fitbit on and monitor it). I get butterflies throughout the day and find it difficult to function.  I guess you can say it's kind of like depression (without the negative thoughts) but I didn't have this feeling until after I used cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Health] Anxiety and Sleep Apnea Sleepster 2 76 10 hours ago
Last Post: Geer1
  CPAP therapy causing memory loss? accetableplaintain 10 222 05-15-2021, 04:44 AM
Last Post: Coffee Man
  OSA/ Daytime Blood Pressure Jeremy H 6 204 05-14-2021, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 10 523 05-09-2021, 10:07 AM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Mask Change Anxiety- Questions Greg Schultz 11 347 05-07-2021, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Starting up with a F&P SleepStyle200 Auto - with OSA + CSA + daytime CA JerKaphant 0 138 03-06-2021, 02:38 AM
Last Post: JerKaphant
  [Diagnosis] Possible mild sleep apnea?? Could this be causing my symptoms? lezz 5 265 02-23-2021, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.