Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP causing daytime anxiety
CPAP causing daytime anxiety
Hi Guys, 

Been on Cpap for 2 months now. AHI is down to 1.5 from 12-14. This is due to this forum and some of the recommendations I received (sleep position, cervical collar, Oscar). I feel a little better, memory and fatigue wise, but nothing too miracolous but I'm going to stay patient. 

One problem I have is daytime anxiety. I know people might say it's unrelated but nothing else has changed in my routine. I get it the moment I wake up and it's pretty brutal and it remains throughout the day. 

Has anyone else experienced this? I was thinking of lowering my pressure setting today to see if that helps. Currently my pressure setting is 9-15 but I consistely stay in the 9-10 range. Do you think that could help? Maybe the pressure is too high for me since I made the adjustments suggested by this forum and need a lower pressure?  

Please advise. I'm really struggling and can't see any other reason for my anxiety.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP causing daytime anxiety
Are you feeling more rested once you do wake up, about the same, or worse? 

When you say anxiety, what exactly are you experiencing?
Post Reply Post Reply
I wake up with an immediate sense of nervousness and perceived elevated heart rate (but it's actually normal because I have a fitbit on and monitor it). I get butterflies throughout the day and find it difficult to function.  I guess you can say it's kind of like depression (without the negative thoughts) but I didn't have this feeling until after I used cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply
mushroomgill I hope that you're ok now.

I hope that you're feeling better now. What's changed?
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, it'd be nice if we had an update. Hope that you got it under control.
Post Reply Post Reply
Omg THIS. I have an anxiety level (on scale of one to ten) of TWENTY since using this CPAP thing that persists into the daytime. Granted, I've had less than 4 hrs sleep in 4 days, but I've NEVER had anxiety like this. It's so bad I considered going to the emergency room a couple times.
Any recommendations? Commiserations?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2022, 01:01 PM)AngrySleepr Wrote: Omg THIS. I have an anxiety level (on scale of one to ten) of TWENTY since using this CPAP thing that persists into the daytime. Granted, I've had less than 4 hrs sleep in 4 days, but I've NEVER had anxiety like this. It's so bad I considered going to the emergency room a couple times.
Any recommendations? Commiserations?

Tell us what kind of CPAP machine you are using, as well as the type of mask. The more information gleaned, the better response you will receive. 

How long have you been using a CPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
Anxiety is related to sleep quality, and also related to oxygen saturation level.

If you don't get good oxygen saturation, I think it causes anxiety or panick attacks.

When I used to wake up in the middle of the night due to sleep apea, I would under high anxiety with scary thoughts going through my head. I think this is a sign that something went wrong to wake me up. Also, I believe panick attacks are related to lack of oxygen intake.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed Ibreeze 20A Nasal pillow
I've cycled thru 4 masks in 5 days. Claustrophobia is freaking me out on any type of closed masks. I cannot deal with it & have launched the entire unit into the air several times due to Claustrophobia panic
Post Reply Post Reply
When I was using my CPAP (Airsense 10 AutoSet), I was using a Resmed AirFit F20 or AirFit F30, both being full face masks. From the very 1st night, I did very well. 

I went from the F20 to the F30 as it was more comfortable for me. Sorry to hear that you are having issues. Maybe spend some time during the day or before bedtime, wearing your mask as you sit and watch tv? Trying giving yourself more time to acclimate. 

Anyways, hope that you get your issues ironed out some way.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daytime sleepiness zzcop302 0 96 03-15-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zzcop302
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 263 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 192 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 423 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Anxiety/elevated HR at beginning of night Jskier 1 212 02-11-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,742 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 137 34,766 01-17-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.