Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Scary dreams..... felt anxious all day!
RE: Scary dreams..... felt anxious all day!
(04-05-2013, 07:57 PM)Megsy Wrote: As I rented a machine to start with - I can claim that fee of my health fund. I don't think I would get any back for purchasing overseas....but it would only be a couple of hundred anyway because I had claimed the rental, they apparently take that off the amount they would give as a rebate for purchase anyway.
With Bupa cover, its about $500 for the machine and nothing else for masks or other stuff
Overseas purchases are not covered but no harm in submitting the claim

They fix prices and charge what the market bear
Not just ResMed but also Respironcis and Fisher Paykel
Shame on them

Post Reply Post Reply
Ugly and Megsy, the reason why things are so much dearer here is basic greed and profit. If we buy our machines through a reseller, first Resmed make there profit then the reseller makes theirs and they also charge for the service and incorporate data reading, mask fitting, machine set up, etc. It is a rip off, but if you don't know what your doing especially at the start, I suppose you have to pay the price. Everything is much cheaper over the net and I'll be purchasing mine next one that way.
Post Reply Post Reply
Aussies gouged on tech prices, inquiry hears

Why do Australians pay so much more for tech products than Americans - sometimes over 80 per cent more?

The Australian industry body that represents Apple, Microsoft, Adobe and hundreds of other technology firms partly blames retailers and distributors. But one MP today described that as a "convenient excuse".

The comments by the Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) are at odds with those made by the Australian Retailers Association, which said that for some products suppliers were "artificially" setting wholesale prices high because they feel "Australians should or can be paying more".

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technol...z2PfIYChpo

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2013, 01:20 AM)Tez62 Wrote: Ugly and Megsy, the reason why things are so much dearer here is basic greed and profit.

I figure that by selling locally ResMed doesn't have the overseas delivery, shipping, etc. and pass the savings on to the locals. Plus the concept of buying local should ideally be beneficial for the local economy. Here in Canada we usually have an abundance of our products from the United States (or China) so in order to remain competitive, Canadian made products are often the least expensive.
And so I thought ResMed would offer the best prices in its homeland.

Or am I missing the point. There is very little real competition so they can name their price. Nuts. With so-called "health care" products it would be nice if the people who needed them could afford them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 192 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 359 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Did you felt better after an septoplasty and turbinate reduction? MikeR20 5 662 11-24-2023, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Vivid Dreams is this normal? Apnope 8 786 05-09-2023, 10:52 AM
Last Post: mper6794
  Where did my dreams go ? DaveCar 7 787 09-10-2022, 01:16 AM
Last Post: Brazen
  Anyone quit CPAP because they felt worse? AlaskanJaeger 21 2,218 08-25-2022, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  OSCAR Help: CPAP Therapy - Still Got 50+ AHI, Night Sweats, Horrific Dreams, Fatigue apegoneinsane 7 890 02-12-2022, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.