Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP & chest pain
Well, if you have an AHI of 17 with the machine, then your problem is the machine is not doing the job, which could well explain the chest pain. Resmed users may and should correct me, since I do not know the Resmed display, but you should be looking for an AHI of 5 or less if your therapy is to be effective, and the chest pain may well be your chest muscles struggling to compensate for your events. In which case, you don't need a pulmonologist, you need to bring your results in to your sleep doc and get the machine adjusted.
Post Reply Post Reply
What type exactly is your S9? Is it an elite, auto set, etc.? Are you using the ramp feature so your pressure increases gradually depending on how it is set up?

Just a few things that would be helpful to know. I am sure others will have some more thoughts on this.
Post Reply Post Reply
"My unit is the ResMed S9 Auto-Set. The EPR setting is at "full time" and the EPR level is set to "2.""

Also, I have the H5i humidifier and it is set to 2.

John
Post Reply Post Reply

what pressure setting did they have it set after your sleep study before changing it to 15?

Can you ramp it for more than 20 minutes and see if that helps you and maybe start your minimum pressure a little higher than 5?

just a few thoughts
Post Reply Post Reply
It would help you to download the Sleepyhead software. To analyze your data. It will tell you what is going on and when. Any adjustments you make without looking at the data first is like a turkey shoot with a blindfold.
There are lots of educational items in the wiki on this site.
If you are not a computer nerd your grand kids would probably enjoy helping you. I know my oldest grandson, now 25, was offering to teach anyone with a computer when he was 4.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2013, 12:56 AM)John108 Wrote: My AHI level the other night when I used the machine showed 17.
What shown for Total AI, Central AI, Pressure and Leak

Post Reply Post Reply

If you do not want to use the software, you can press and hold the two silver buttons (one has what looks like two check marks, the other has an "i").

On that screen the first tab is the "Sleep Quality".
Turn the knob to the second tab to the "Sleep Report".
Tap the button on the knob. This switches the focus from the tabs to the menu inside the tab. As long as the top line says "1 day", this will work for you.
Turn the knob to scroll down the menu.
Below "leak" will be the information for the breakdown of the AHI. That will be the numbers you need to know.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep - Arthritis pain GrammaBear 4 67 43 minutes ago
Last Post: RichardVT
  Tooth pain, jaw shifting? achancesw 3 393 09-30-2016, 06:54 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Help with nasal pillow and nose pain jane bradley 4 655 09-18-2016, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Chest infection and difficult breathig JamesW 7 571 09-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Sleep Apnea sufferers allowed to use OTC pain killers? Jupiter23 7 694 07-21-2016, 01:17 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Pain killers as a sleep aid JJJ 9 666 07-20-2016, 06:45 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Pressure settings causing chest pain Farmacist 19 1,637 06-22-2016, 04:33 AM
Last Post: holden4th