Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP choice
CPAP choice
Hello everyone,

I was able to find a provider that would deliver to me tommorow.  I just want to make sure these are the correct machines. Pardon my french I'm from Canada so the info they provided is in french. I noticed the lack of Autoset in the name of the resmed one. But they assured me it was not the elite. Can anyone confirm if this  AirSense 10
 autoset?

Also the price with a mask and follow ups etc is 1700$ CAD including delivery. Is that in the fair price range?

Thank you

DreamStation de Philips Respironics 

[Image: cp1Y08Hu2L1SA7sEBPT82p2ZVptOD9ECKbludPRM...8Ar7mziYSw]
Le mode P-Flex (inclus dans la DreamStation Expert) est un mode de confort conçu par Philips. Il corrige efficacement votre SAOS mais diminue également de 14% la pression au masque, ce qui permet d’améliorer votre confort.
Dimensions :
  • Hauteur: 5po
  • Longueur: 10.5 po
  • Largeur: 7.5 po

AirSense 10 de ResMed [Image: Gwlyd2h5eKKjvtT5QXmfyHvOW5EWEjPxwjbjnD47...A3DqfxPPkg]

Dimensions :
  • Hauteur: 5 po
  • Longueur: 6.5 po
  • Largeur: 9.5 po

AirSense 10 Pour Elle de ResMed
[Image: rU-rvLJbhT8M6G3p5nyljFtcMleJMimybjYpzrWC...y6YNfgPhIA]

• Les contrôles faciles à utiliser, son interface intuitive et l’écran LCD couleur facilitent la navigation des menus et personnalise les paramètres de confort.
  • La caractéristique AutoRamp™ livre une pression basse jusqu’au moment de votre sommeil puis augmente à votre niveau désiré préétabli.
  • Le moteur silencieux Easy-Breath assure un environnement paisible pour vous et votre conjoint.
  • La fonction SmartStart TM vous permet de commencer votre thérapie aussitôt que vous respirez dans votre masque. Quand vous enlevez votre masque, la machine s’arrête automatiquement après quelques secondes.D
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPap choice
There are four models in the ResMed Airsense 10 line: CPAP, Elite, Autoset, and Autoset for Her. I strongly recommend that you get the Autoset for Her. It does everything the Autoset does, but also has an extra setting that is helpful for some people.

PR machines have their fans, but the ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset [/For Her] is preferred by most people. The algorithms make the machine quicker to respond, and with EPR turned on, the segue from inhale to exhale is very natural in its feel.

For the equipment alone, the price sounds high; ResMedAirsense 10 Autosets are available for ~$600 U.S. Does the price include options to return masks and try different ones?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPap choice
look on the lower right corner of the unit, It should have the word 'AutoSet' . The one with the vines/decoration is a good machine. That is the AutoSet for Her.

The other AutoSet is also an excellent device, with the AutoSet for Her being slightly better.
In Ontraio, the Health system has classified incorrectly the AutoSet for her as a CPAP, not an APAP, thus it's price is cheaper.

I have one problem that maybe you can help me with,.
Everytime I arrange to pickup tickets they ask me for my last name.
So I tell them "Bonjour"
They reply "Bonjour, what's your last name",
So I repeat "Bonjour"
So once again they address me by name asking what's your last name.

I think it's just hopeless.
Fred Bonjour
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP choice
@Dormeo Yes the mask doest work they send a new one. ALthough this wont be an issue because i'm super happy with the p10. They also analyse the data and make follow up with my pneumologist. 

@Bonjour
Bonjour Fred
I think the only way would be to change your last name to Aurevoir 

Oh, i thought the autoset for her was only for her Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh no, The 'for her' algorithm is a 'gentler' application targeting RERAs otherwise the two machines are 'identical'. many males use this machine as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Guys,

Here are some data of my last nigth of sleep.
.zip   OSCAR_David Plante_Summary_2020-05-24.zip (Size: 435 bytes / Downloads: 11)
Maybe an expert eye can guide me towards what needs improvement and how  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ghandi, for some reason, your data are not showing.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just corrected this. I hope Smile Its a zip file from my OSCAR data of yesterday night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on that you are doing better than I am.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will try on auto trial mode tonight Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini mask choice Jennj99738 5 768 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Smoothmakir
  Current CPAP machine choice mzipp 2 729 12-29-2022, 10:16 PM
Last Post: mzipp
  Need instructions for pressure adjustment REMSTAR CHOICE M367500E John Dale 1 713 03-25-2022, 02:21 AM
Last Post: John Dale
  Hypoventilation vs. CPAP choice SleeplessInVirginia 8 1,000 08-22-2021, 07:46 PM
Last Post: SleeplessInVirginia
  Newly diagnosed and given choice of 4 treatments Artygal 8 1,151 03-25-2021, 01:01 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Your thoughts on DME choice? eajeff 13 2,049 03-11-2020, 02:26 PM
Last Post: dmeRT
  [split] Medicare Beneficiary Being Balance Billed for Machine Choice MikeyT 21 2,771 01-31-2020, 02:23 PM
Last Post: MikeyT

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.