Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP choice
RE: CPAP choice
It’s better to display a screenshot of your screen from OSCAR (F12) it can be attached directly to your message here take a look at the instructions in my signature for assistance it makes it easier for us to look at your data and comment. I have not looked at your data as my IPad that I use most of the time does not like zip files easily
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2020, 02:44 PM)bonjour Wrote: Oh no, The 'for her' algorithm is a 'gentler' application targeting RERAs otherwise the two machines are 'identical'.  many males use this machine as well.

Out of curiosity...

Seemingly the two A10s are identical, other than the outside "for her" and the firmware.

Could the "for him" A10 updated with the "for her" firmware update?
"Life is dream, awakening is death..."
- Chinese proverb
Post Reply Post Reply
Theoretically, "Yes" an AS10 could have its firmware updated to the "For Her" version. Now comes the "However"; You will either need to obtain the "For Her" code, which isn't available by itself. Or, you know how to modify the current firmware to turn on this feature.

This makes the answer to your question, yes you can, but no you can't.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2020, 01:58 PM)Ghandi Wrote: Hello everyone,

I was able to find a provider that would deliver to me tommorow.  I just want to make sure these are the correct machines. Pardon my french I'm from Canada so the info they provided is in french. I noticed the lack of Autoset in the name of the resmed one. But they assured me it was not the elite. Can anyone confirm if this  AirSense 10
 autoset?

Also the price with a mask and follow ups etc is 1700$ CAD including delivery. Is that in the fair price range?

Thank you

DreamStation de Philips Respironics 

[Image: cp1Y08Hu2L1SA7sEBPT82p2ZVptOD9ECKbludPRM...8Ar7mziYSw]
Le mode P-Flex (inclus dans la DreamStation Expert) est un mode de confort conçu par Philips. Il corrige efficacement votre SAOS mais diminue également de 14% la pression au masque, ce qui permet d’améliorer votre confort.
Dimensions :
  • Hauteur: 5po
  • Longueur: 10.5 po
  • Largeur: 7.5 po

AirSense 10 de ResMed [Image: Gwlyd2h5eKKjvtT5QXmfyHvOW5EWEjPxwjbjnD47...A3DqfxPPkg]

Dimensions :
  • Hauteur: 5 po
  • Longueur: 6.5 po
  • Largeur: 9.5 po

AirSense 10 Pour Elle de ResMed
[Image: rU-rvLJbhT8M6G3p5nyljFtcMleJMimybjYpzrWC...y6YNfgPhIA]

• Les contrôles faciles à utiliser, son interface intuitive et l’écran LCD couleur facilitent la navigation des menus et personnalise les paramètres de confort.
  • La caractéristique AutoRamp™ livre une pression basse jusqu’au moment de votre sommeil puis augmente à votre niveau désiré préétabli.
  • Le moteur silencieux Easy-Breath assure un environnement paisible pour vous et votre conjoint.
  • La fonction SmartStart TM vous permet de commencer votre thérapie aussitôt que vous respirez dans votre masque. Quand vous enlevez votre masque, la machine s’arrête automatiquement après quelques secondes.D

That price is $4-500 dollars too high. Google for Canadian CPAP suppliers and you will find most online shops charging around $1250 for the Autoset and Autoset for Her. You can get the latest Phillips Respironics Auto Expert for under $1000.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again for all the answers.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=23309]

So here is my failled attempt with my in auto mode because the cpap cover opened.

Tonigth i'm trying the redmed AirSense 10 [b]Strong enough for a man but made for her Smile[/b]
 It's currently 30 degree(90) outside with 44% of humidity. 
It should go down to 23 (73) during the night

I have the heat and humidity set to max.
Maybe i should ear your recommendations about my extreme settings in the fear of lacking humidity  Dont-know

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Mainly the humidifier is targeted to adding to the user comfort. It's not said to be required, but many of us benefit from added humidity in the air we breathe from the mask. You will have to determine how much humidity and heat from the hose is needed to maintain comfort. Each of us will like it a bit differently, and our room atmospheres are very likely to all be different as well.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPap choice
(05-25-2020, 02:21 PM)bonjour Wrote: look on the lower right corner of the unit, It should have the word 'AutoSet' .  The one with the vines/decoration is a good machine.  That is the AutoSet for Her.

The other AutoSet is also an excellent device, with the AutoSet for Her being slightly better.  
In Ontraio, the Health system has classified incorrectly the AutoSet for her as a CPAP, not an APAP, thus it's price is cheaper.

I have one problem that maybe you can help me with,.
Everytime I arrange to pickup tickets they ask me for my last name.
So I tell them "Bonjour"
They reply "Bonjour, what's your last name",
So I repeat "Bonjour"
So once again they address me by name asking what's your last name.

I think it's just hopeless.
Fred Bonjour

Hello Bonjour

I was wondering did you come accross users who experienced the dreamstation expert? It is said to increase automatically the mininum pressure over time to adapt therapy. IE: if it detects you do numerous OA under 8 it will overtime start at 8. How does the p-flex compare to the c-flex or epr^ Does in efficently treat other apneas or events?

Thanks Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
We have seen few examples of the "Expert" so practical comparison has to wait.

Flex is a proportional response based on the 'strength' of your breathing, it is also timed significantly differently than ResMeds EPR. It is considered a Comfort feature. This is compared to EPR's Fixed response which appears to be based on PS in the ResMed BiLevels. EPR, when properly used, is effective in treating Hypopnea, Flow Limits, RERAs, UARS as well as being a comfort feature.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2020, 01:48 PM)bonjour Wrote: We have seen few examples of the "Expert" so practical comparison has to wait.

Flex is a proportional response based on the 'strength' of your breathing, it is also timed significantly differently than ResMeds EPR. It is considered a Comfort feature. This is compared to EPR's Fixed response which appears to be based on PS in the ResMed BiLevels.  EPR, when properly used, is effective in treating Hypopnea,  Flow Limits, RERAs, UARS as well as being a comfort feature.

I'm entitled to a trial of that machine as well. If you think it could be worth validating against my resmed data.
Afterward i could choose the machine working better for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Should you trial that machine, I would appreciate a copy of the SD card, to my DropBox for OSCAR.
Analyzing the data for anyone, that is a no brainer, and we will give you our honest opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini mask choice Jennj99738 5 728 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Smoothmakir
  Current CPAP machine choice mzipp 2 711 12-29-2022, 10:16 PM
Last Post: mzipp
  Need instructions for pressure adjustment REMSTAR CHOICE M367500E John Dale 1 685 03-25-2022, 02:21 AM
Last Post: John Dale
  Hypoventilation vs. CPAP choice SleeplessInVirginia 8 967 08-22-2021, 07:46 PM
Last Post: SleeplessInVirginia
  Newly diagnosed and given choice of 4 treatments Artygal 8 1,115 03-25-2021, 01:01 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Your thoughts on DME choice? eajeff 13 1,985 03-11-2020, 02:26 PM
Last Post: dmeRT
  [split] Medicare Beneficiary Being Balance Billed for Machine Choice MikeyT 21 2,693 01-31-2020, 02:23 PM
Last Post: MikeyT

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.