Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP cleaning system
(05-12-2017, 02:54 PM)rafairchild2 Wrote: hehehehe... I tend not to worry about how clean things are and using dedicated buckets.... reminds me of when I was at a street market "restaurant" in Tawain...  Jammed among the stainless steel folding table was a lady squatting in the corner of this 20x20 place with a few buckets washing the bowls and utensils.  Best sweet squid soup I ever had!  I had to laugh how all the staff wore rubber boots and the cook was shirtless!.
The pictures remind me of the place I had lunch in Guatemala and got Staphylococcal food poisoning.  It's the luck of the draw.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Wink 
There is no scientific proof that CPAP cleaning will limit infections. In a study of CPAP users and non users with lower respiratory tract infections, the ratio of infective organisms was identical.  If you have a pollen filter on your CPAP - about 97 cents at amazon  - then air coming in is cleaner than the air you breathe all day. And when you put your CPAP mask on, the instant "colonization" is from your respiratory tree, which no amount of "cleaning" will change ( better oral care and teeth brushing might help a little.) We are each colonized with 4 trillion organisms, which are mostly friendly, and prevent unfriendly organisms. I clean my humidifier bowl with vinegar montlhy and disconnect  my hose daily to let it dry.

Sleep Science
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure: Is it a route for infection in those with
Obstructive Sleep Apnoea?

Liam Mercieca ; Richard Pullicino ; Kyra Camilleri ; Rodianne Abela ; Sean Apap Mangion ; Julian Cassar ; Matthew Zammit ; Christine Gatt ; Christopher Deguara ; Christopher Barbara ; Peter Fsadni ; Stephen Montefort

Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
Jim, excellent post! Links to non-commercial sites are allowable, and you will be able to post links once you have 4 posts and are a Member. Welcome!
Link to Abstract:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28966735
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wanting to change masks under Medicare system DBBCPAP 3 116 07-18-2018, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Cleaning Spill Inside of Dreamstation Machine MichaelFan 19 490 07-07-2018, 03:45 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  System requirements for Encore Pro Chalkie 4 138 06-25-2018, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Chalkie
  Cleaning ResMed Carrying Case jerrydaw 2 203 06-16-2018, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
Exclaimation System One SD Card-Please Help DreamBreather 18 416 05-22-2018, 02:39 PM
Last Post: DreamBreather
  PR System One Tube Heating locked off. truwest 11 791 05-18-2018, 12:01 AM
Last Post: RedBarron
  Bleep Sleep System (No straps/headgear) rooy1960 7 443 05-17-2018, 11:54 PM
Last Post: CB91710