Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP cleaning system
RE: CPAP cleaning system
(07-25-2013, 07:11 PM)Paptillian Wrote: I do wish that the manufacturer of this device made it clear to potential buyers that it does not replace washing. The only mention of it that I found on their website is buried away in the FAQ:

Quote:12. Will the SoClean remove oil and skin from my mask?
Regular use of the SoClean will inhibit the build up of oil and skin. For complete removal of such materials, using the SoClean along with the mask manufacturer’s washing directions is recommended.

Actually, this ^ technically ends the debate.

Only if you believe it's true.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2013, 08:15 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Only if you believe it's true.

But it's the same people that are selling the device saying that you still need to wash to get truly clean. What's there not to believe?
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:For complete removal of such materials, using the SoClean along with the mask manufacturer’s washing directions is recommended.

Some think this is kind of like saying "To clean dirt from one's body, drink a cup of tea along with a vigorous bath in hot soapy water".

The question is which one is the major cause of getting one's body clean - the drinking of tea or the bath in hot soapy water?

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
This concludes the case study on why Paptillian should not be allowed on a jury panel. Coffee

Anyway the fact remains that regardless of whether they say you need to use the SoClean to get all of the oil and skin off, they say that you also need to wash. It's not optional.

EDIT: okay, fine, they don't say it's required... they say it's recommended. I tried to be nice and fair but now I give up with these people and their marketing. Give 'em hell.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2013, 07:11 PM)Paptillian Wrote:
Quote:12. Will the SoClean remove oil and skin from my mask?
Regular use of the SoClean will inhibit the build up of oil and skin. For complete removal of such materials, using the SoClean along with the mask manufacturer’s washing directions is recommended.

Actually, this ^ technically ends the debate.

Does the ozone disintegrate the protein and fats in the oil and skin? What happens to the carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen contained in the skin and oils? Where does all this matter go? Does it convert it into some sort of gas? Is the gas it creates non-toxic? After the ozone has chemically reacted with the skin cells and oils, are there chemical residues left behind as the result of these chemical reactions?

How does it know to dissolve the skin and oil and not damage the plastic parts of the machine?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
My body is pretty clean as it is. The things that are living there, are supposed to be there. I don't think I can get rid of them simply because I know they are there!
As I have said before, if I start smelling strange things in my mask, its probably PAST time to clean everything.
Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2013, 05:01 AM)archangle Wrote: Does the ozone disintegrate the protein and fats in the oil and skin? What happens to the carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen contained in the skin and oils? Where does all this matter go? Does it convert it into some sort of gas? Is the gas it creates non-toxic? After the ozone has chemically reacted with the skin cells and oils, are there chemical residues left behind as the result of these chemical reactions?

How does it know to dissolve the skin and oil and not damage the plastic parts of the machine?

Unless those are rhetorical questions, I don't know the answers. I was just pointing out that SoClean (intelligent marketing aside) still recommends the use of soap and water.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2013, 09:05 PM)Paptillian Wrote: What's there not to believe?

1. That the SoClean will inhibit the build up of oil and skin to any practical extent.

2. That using the SoClean along with regular washing is required for the removal of skin and oil.

3. That the money spent on the SoClean does anything other than make the user feel better.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2013, 10:06 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Some think this is kind of like saying "To clean dirt from one's body, drink a cup of tea along with a vigorous bath in hot soapy water".

To cure the common cold pay me lots of money for my product and carefully follow the instructions: Use my product daily for ten consecutive days. Get plenty of rest, drink lots of fluids, and take aspirin to relieve the symptoms.

If you still have your cold after ten days of carefully following my instructions I'll give you a full refund.

My product is guaranteed to work and I have sworn affidavits from customers who have used it with great success.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2013, 10:47 AM)Sleepster Wrote: [quote='SuperSleeper' pid='41237' dateline='1374807970']
If you still have your cold after ten days of carefully following my instructions I'll give you a full refund.

That's surprisingly similar to Granny's Sure-Fire Cold Cure from the Beverly Hillbillies TV show...

Too-funny
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,616 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,166 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 222 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,795 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.