Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP cleaning system
RE: CPAP cleaning system
The CPAP cleaning system I use daily is SoClean. I've used it for almost a year. Before SoClean I had nasal congestion that aggravated my asthma. Since SoClean, nasal congestion has diminished and my asthma is under control with just one 10 MG Singulair tablet daily and no use of ADVAIR or VENTOLIN sprays which I had used on a daily basis. Every few weeks I do wash my mask with soap and water, but only the mask.

I'm an advocate of the SoClean system and truthfully on a crusade to alert more people to its ease of cleaning CPAP and its sanitization value to better health.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2013, 10:06 AM)Believer Wrote: The CPAP cleaning system I use daily is SoClean. I've used it for almost a year. Before SoClean I had nasal congestion that aggravated my asthma. Since SoClean, nasal congestion has diminished and my asthma is under control with just one 10 MG Singulair tablet daily and no use of ADVAIR or VENTOLIN sprays which I had used on a daily basis. Every few weeks I do wash my mask with soap and water, but only the mask.

I'm an advocate of the SoClean system and truthfully on a crusade to alert more people to its ease of cleaning CPAP and its sanitization value to better health.

Do you use the SoClean everyday? You state above that you only washed you mask every few weeks; I would think this contributed to your asthma. I clean my mask every morning with baby shampoo and rinse with very warm water. Once a week I clean not only the mask but the hose and tank.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you considered that blowing clean, dry, non-humidified, non-ozonated air through your mask and hose might make it smell cleaner, too?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2013, 09:15 AM)archangle Wrote: Have you considered that blowing clean, dry, non-humidified, non-ozonated air through your mask and hose might make it smell cleaner, too?

Yes, but I've always been afraid that it will mess up the data collected by the machine.

I know that a separate older machine could be used to dry hoses and masks, so I guess that's what I need to do.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2013, 09:30 AM)Sleepster Wrote: Yes, but I've always been afraid that it will mess up the data collected by the machine.

Most machines are smart enough to recognize that usage only happens if there is some resistance in the airway path. That's why people can't fulfill their compliance requirements by simply turning on the machine and letting it run for hours by itself.

I regularly blow my hose/mask dry when I clean them, and it has never messed with the data collection. The machine simply doesn't collect data during those periods.

Try it yourself. Turn the machine on for 10 minutes, then turn it off and leave it off for at least 10 minutes before going to bed. The next morning, look at the data collected. Do you see that 10 minute period in the data?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2013, 07:01 PM)EzDzIt Wrote:
(07-28-2013, 10:06 AM)Believer Wrote: The CPAP cleaning system I use daily is SoClean. I've used it for almost a year. Before SoClean I had nasal congestion that aggravated my asthma. Since SoClean, nasal congestion has diminished and my asthma is under control with just one 10 MG Singulair tablet daily and no use of ADVAIR or VENTOLIN sprays which I had used on a daily basis. Every few weeks I do wash my mask with soap and water, but only the mask.

Do you use the SoClean everyday? You state above that you only washed you mask every few weeks; I would think this contributed to your asthma. I clean my mask every morning with baby shampoo and rinse with very warm water. Once a week I clean not only the mask but the hose and tank.

Yes, I use my SoClean unit every day to flush out the CPAP tube and reservoir. No problems with my asthma since doing that. The reason I do not put my mask in the SoClean Unit is that there is nylon in the fabric of the mask I use. It's the only one I know of that has nylon in the material. Nylon material can be damaged by constant exposure to ozone so I don't mind washing it every week or two. At least, now with the SoClean Unit I do not have to take my CPAP apart every few days to clean it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
I have used the SoClean system for over a year (purchased a second system for my father-in-law). I am an extremely happy customer and find the product to have made my treatment better. Anyone wanting to know more about my experience can message me privately.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2015, 03:54 PM)Zirconia Wrote: I have used the SoClean system for over a year (purchased a second system for my father-in-law). I am an extremely happy customer and find the product to have made my treatment better. Anyone wanting to know more about my experience can message me privately.

Sleep-well

I started cpap on 02/05/2015 and received my SoClean2 on 02/11 and started using it the next morning and have used it every morning since then. Being familiar with 03 aka Trivalent Oxygen and aka Ozone I know it kills microbes effectively if sufficient Ozone strength and time exposure of the microbes in question is present. Though the machine seems to be a bit costly, if it lasts long enough I feel good about its potential to reduce/eliminate frequency of sinus infections.

Post Reply Post Reply
Any update on the longevity of the Soclean system. Does the machine give good service for multiple years? or months? or weeks? How long is it warrantied for?

And what is the total cost of operating the system for one year in terms of machine cost and supplies cost (adapters etc.)?

PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
The Soclean2 makers claim scientific backup that their machine kills cpap bacteria and refer to a study here

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2556912/

This is what it said:

Conclusion: Data suggest that patients with OSA being treated with CPAP fitted with humidifiers may be aerosolizing bacteria, putting them at risk for developing respiratory infections and that the use of a hydrophobic filter may attenuate the passage of microbes from contaminated humidifier water.

This filter specifically is a "breathing-circuit filter"

Soclean is an "activated ozone" generator that supposedly cleans the humidifier, tube and mask for 7 minutes during the day when the machine is not in use.

So here we have a study of a filter that is used while the machine is on overnight vs an ozone cleanser.

Might I finish by saying that the Soclean2 system is BS and has no scientific backing, and they are hoping nobody really reads that report but thinks it is a ringing endorsement of their piece of crap?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,620 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,248 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,797 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.