Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP constantly waking me up
CPAP constantly waking me up
Hi,

I've been trying to sleep with CPAP for 5 months without much luck. Currently using the Resmed P10 mask since I feel it's the most comfortable!

I am using the Resmed Airsense 10 Auto with a 7-8 pressure, EPR at and humidifer at 2.

The problem is that it keeps waking me up at night, I am attaching a picture of the OSCAR data

It says that I have leaks but I never noticed them. Is it possible that I have mouth leaks?

How could I solve them? I tried a chin holder but I sleep on my side and it bothers me too much...

Thanks in advance!

PS: That is a good day, mostly I have the mask for 3h and take it off during my sleep
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP constantly waking me up
It looks like you have your apnea under control but centrals are what is your main events.  You are very close to using your machine as a straight CPAP with a continous pressure all night.  That is not a bad thing it helps with centrals.  Centrals seem to be worse with the larger swing of pressures.  Yours aree not much different (low of 7 high of 8) But you are using EPR of 3 which subtracts the low down to 4 on exhale.  I would try to stop the EPR and see how that effects your sleep.  So the setting would be.

Min 7
max 8
epr 0

Give it a try and see if it does not help with the centrals you are experiencing.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2021, 06:56 AM)staceyburke Wrote: It looks like you have your apnea under control but centrals are what is your main events.  You are very close to using your machine as a straight CPAP with a continous pressure all night.  That is not a bad thing it helps with centrals.  Centrals seem to be worse with the larger swing of pressures.  Yours aree not much different (low of 7 high of 8) But you are using EPR of 3 which subtracts the low down to 4 on exhale.  I would try to stop the EPR and see how that effects your sleep.  So the setting would be.

Min 7
max 8
epr 0

Give it a try and see if it does not help with the centrals you are experiencing.

Thanks for you answer, I will try that!

The problem is that many days I just get 2 or 3h because I rip the mask off. And even in the screenshot I posted the CPAP keeps waking me up
Post Reply Post Reply
Why do you think it is waking you up? To much pressure? Just not use to it? Problems breathing?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The small leaks (spikes) showing on your graph are mask movements. In addition, there could be some mouth breathing. If you are using the full face mask, then it won't affect therapy, but with the nasal pillow mask, you will need to use a soft cervical collar if you can't control mouth breathing.

The leaks aren't enough to affect therapy, but can affect your sleep and cause you to wake.  

Definitely, turn the EPR down to 1 or even off.  Hopefully that will tame the clear airway events.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SleepHQ O2 Ring Alarm waking me up MurrayApnea 0 24 2 hours ago
Last Post: MurrayApnea
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 193 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 111 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 325 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 284 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 394 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 208 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.