Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP]  could i loose the cpap
RE: could i loose the cpap
Hi Taffee84, welcome to Apnea Board. Congrats on the weight loss, that's no mean feat.
I know when you first start cpap it seems a bit daunting, thinking is this how it's going to be for the rest of my life? But you just have to take one day at a time and before long you won't even realise you are donning the mask at night. Believe me, I went through a time where I was quite low thinking of all the years ahead but as I have got more used to the mask and found my comfort spot it doesn't quite seem so bad any more.
Hang in there and keep up the brilliant job with your weight.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2014, 08:21 PM)herbm Wrote: It may sound silly, but it's really comfortable to be able to pull the covers completely over my head and still breath fresh air. (I like that.)

That's a cool idea! I have not tried that. Sleeping on my back for the first time in forever has been such a treat. This may just add on to that very nicely!

Thanks Herb.

I wonder what the miserable cats will think of this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go for it retired_guy.

You know, if everyone would find ONE LITTLE THING that they LIKE about using CPAP, imagine what we all could do with that list.

There are probably others beside those on *MY* list but people probably never mention them for fear of sounding silly.

But everyone should know that it feels really cool to have someone try my 'silly idea' and you could share yours too....

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
This condition is more likely to be due to the condition of your "pipes", than anything else. I am normal weight and exercise religiously, but still have apnea.

As Herb says, get used to it, learn to like/love it and make the best of it. Now that i'm passed the newbie stage, I hardly think about it anymore. My data has become boring and routine, with AHI always less than 1.0. Sometimes I even go for a week and not pull the SD card. I was so obsessed with it all in the beginning.

Now I can concentrate on the fun things.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2014, 08:21 PM)herbm Wrote: It may sound silly, but it's really comfortable to be able to pull the covers completely over my head and still breath fresh air. (I like that.)
I am glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this is a real (unanticipated) benefit of using the mask!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,659 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  AirSense 10 Filter - When to Change & Loose Fibers Phil7 10 1,549 12-04-2021, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Hypoxic
  Resmed AirFit N30 headgear loose Coffee Man 1 964 12-04-2019, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  AirFit headgear loose due to tossing and turning hmucha 8 2,542 06-17-2017, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
Question AirFit headgear loose geoffleach 15 13,436 03-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Cranberry Ray
  Leaving your FF mask a little loose-does it work for you? old dude 13 6,019 12-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Lukie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.